🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unfair feedback and unresponsive customer
Page options
Community Member

Unfair feedback and unresponsive customer

Hello, the last project I worked on was suspended for 2 times. I did not continue to work because the job was suspended. They did not respond to my messages and ended the contract without saying anything. They did what I said to another devoloper friend of mine. Their scores are already very low at Upwork and their constant work has been suspended. They unfairly gave me a low score and my average dropped. I made a lot of effort and we were doing business with mutual satisfaction, but at the last moment they turned a corner like this. In this case, I am unfairly victimized and if your grievances are not remedied, I will close my account and never do business on Upwork again, because I do not trust.

14 REPLIES 14
AndreaG

Hi Vildan,

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way and that you had a bad experience with this client. I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update your ticket with more information as soon as possible. You'll receive an email notification when your ticket is updated.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Vildan P wrote:

Hello, the last project I worked on was suspended for 2 times. I did not continue to work because the job was suspended. They did not respond to my messages and ended the contract without saying anything. They did what I said to another devoloper friend of mine. Their scores are already very low at Upwork and their constant work has been suspended. They unfairly gave me a low score and my average dropped. I made a lot of effort and we were doing business with mutual satisfaction, but at the last moment they turned a corner like this. In this case, I am unfairly victimized and if your grievances are not remedied, I will close my account and never do business on Upwork again, because I do not trust.

I understand that you will never work with this client again, but why is that whole thing upwork's fault? They suspended his contract for your protection, because you would otherwise not have been paid. 

Yes Upwork takes action for the bad client.
The client made no negative accusations while working and said we will work for a long time. After the Chirismas holiday, the job was suspended and he ended it without telling me. This is not acceptable.

Vildan P wrote:

Yes Upwork takes action for the bad client.
The client made no negative accusations while working and said we will work for a long time. After the Chirismas holiday, the job was suspended and he ended it without telling me. This is not acceptable.

Why not? Every client has the right to end every contract at any time. What do you expect upwork to do? Tell him he can't?

I'm not saying that we'll end up. Don't write to me to complicate the
situation. I'm looking for a solution. Customer who unfairly lowered my
score, you can read it again if you don't understand.
tta192
Community Member

Your best bet to offset this is to reply to the feedback you received and point out the issues you encountered with this client in a manner your future clients will understand. Stay to the point and remember it will remain as part of your profile, not the client's. It is unfortunate shady clients are still able to leave feedback after causing trouble; you likely won't be able to remove it.

Andrei T wrote:

Your best bet to offset this is to reply to the feedback you received and point out the issues you encountered with this client in a manner your future clients will understand. Stay to the point and remember it will remain as part of your profile, not the client's. It is unfortunate shady clients are still able to leave feedback after causing trouble; you likely won't be able to remove it.

You can have feedback removed when you are top rated, so she can always do that (if she is, don't know)

Vildan P wrote:
I'm not saying that we'll end up. Don't write to me to complicate the
situation. I'm looking for a solution. Customer who unfairly lowered my
score, you can read it again if you don't understand.

I don't understand what you want upwork to do, that is true. If you can point me to the part of the ToS that you think they should enforce to solve your problem, that would help. If you are just venting here or throwing a tantrum without any backup, that is fine too. 

Thank you for answer but I guess you have plenty of time to write people something about "venting". My bad customer experience is affecting my future career and I'm looking for help with it. Are you talking about the venting that came to me? 

Vildan P wrote:

Thank you for answer but I guess you have plenty of time to write people something about "venting". My bad customer experience is affecting my future career and I'm looking for help with it. Are you talking about the venting that came to me? 

No, I can't see your profile as it is set to private.

And yes, you are right that I have plenty of time. I am trying to gently nudge you towards acceptance of things that can't be changed.

If you are top rated, of course, that's different. Then you can have that feedback removed. 

Martina P wrote: I can't see your profile as it is set to private.

It's not. It's set to Upwork users only

She's done 2 contracts to date, including the one in question. So a long way from top-rated.

Petra R wrote:

Martina P wrote: I can't see your profile as it is set to private.

It's not. It's set to Upwork users only

She's done 2 contracts to date, including the one in question. So a long way from top-rated.

Ah, thanks for clarifying.

petra_r
Community Member

There is nothing about the feedback that violates Upwork's terms of service, so it will not be removed. If the client is still suspended, the contract should be excluded from your Job Success Score when you get one.

You've already commented on the feedback, so this is basically now "over"!

Threatening to close your account is simply childish. Upwork has far more freelancers than they can handle, so losing a freelancer (or a thousand) is of no consequence. 

Petra R wrote:

There is nothing about the feedback that violates Upwork's terms of service, so it will not be removed. If the client is still suspended, the contract should be excluded from your Job Success Score when you get one.

You've already commented on the feedback, so this is basically now "over"!

Threatening to close your account is simply childish. Upwork has far more freelancers than they can handle, so losing a freelancer (or a thousand) is of no consequence. 

Ah, the dreaded freelancer response to feedback!

I wish they would ask themselves: How will my response affect my most important marketing tool, how will it look to prospective clients? Instead of the impulsive ego defending response, which really does not work anyway, or not longer than a few seconds. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members