🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unfundable Milestone
Page options
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Unfundable Milestone

I have a new client who has set up and funded the first two of three milestones for his project.

As far as I can tell, he has also correctly set up the third and final milestone, but he tells me the Upwork system won't let him fund it.

I don't the system from the client's point of view. Is there an obvious reason this could be happening? (I see he deleted a milestone during his setup process, but there are three milestones in place for this project.)

3 REPLIES 3
tlsanders
Community Member

Yeah, it's a weird set-up. You can fund enough for all milestones when you set up the project, or you can fund one milestone. But, once you've done whatever you're doing, you can't add and fund a milestone--you can add one, but you can't fund it if there are already funded milestones. 

I know that doesn't make a lot of sense and so maybe there is some way to make it work, but that's the way it seems to play out. 

Thanks for that, Tiffany.

It's a very Upworkian approach. 

So I guess the client will be able to fund the third milestone after I submit the work for Milestone 1 and Milestone 2, both of which are already funded?

Yes.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members