🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unhappy with the person I have hired
Page options
a6395944
Community Member

Unhappy with the person I have hired

Hello,

I have recently hired someone to upload a design to my website and to design the website. I hired this person over TWO MONTHS AGO and they still have no finished the project. And now they are ignoring me!!! I am very upset as I have a blog/website that gets a lot of visitors and I need the website deisgn part to be updated and finished so that I can continue to post and optimize my website. This person is stealing my money and not completeing the project, I am very very very unhappy and would like my money back so i can hire someone who will complete the project in a timely manner. Please HELP!!!

this is their upwork profile. please let me know how to go about this thank you

**Edited for community guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Jessica C wrote:

I am very very very unhappy and would like my money back so i can hire someone who will complete the project in a timely manner. Please HELP!!!

Fire the freelancer and hire someone else. You can request your Escrow funds back when you close the contract.

prestonhunter
Community Member

ALL successful businesses and organizations hire people who disappoint them.

When this happens, they stop working with those people.

Not every client/freelancer pairing is a match.

Close the contract and work with other people.

re: "...would like my money back so i can hire someone who will complete the project in a timely manner."

Getting money back has nothing to do with making your project a success.

Successful businesses stop working with dead weight and continue working only with the members of their team who provide them with the best value.

Just close the contract and stop working with this freelancer. HIre people whose quality of work and timeliness is what you need for your project.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessica,

I'm sorry about your experience with this freelancer. Our team will reach to you directly via support ticket to assist you and advise further regarding this case. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members