🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

I uploaded my ID and the system is not taking it.   How can I get help?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jacque,
Please click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jaidon
Community Member

Hello Upwork team, I need help with my ID verification.

I've tried the uploader and it consistently doesn't work. My guess is because my license is vertical, because I'm 19. I would love to video chat or upload a picture for manual verification.

Have a wonderful day! -Jaidon

jaidon
Community Member

Sorry for the double post! I thought it didn't go through.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jaidon,

Please click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link, the one you have sand in the screenshot. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jaidon
Community Member

Thank you Bojan!

I'm trying to find out if there is an alternative way of proving a physical location? I live in Ohio, recently moved here and have not been able to transfer my driver's license from West Virginia as of yet. The reason why is because I do not have my marriage certificates or divorce decree showing the legal name changes, and being on a (currently) fixed income makes it difficult to order and pay for these especially when there are unexpected other expenses that crop up.

Hi Linda,

We'll have a member of the team reach out to you directly to help assist you with verifying your location. You'll be hearing from the agent shortly, via an email support ticket.

~Nina

Hello community!

I am unable to upload my ID for identity verification.  The first time the upload failed and the system is not allowing me to try to upload it again.  I was directed to customer support and submitted my question but did not really find a solution to my problem.  I don't know if someone in adminstration may need to reset my account? Is there anyone familiar with this happening before and what to do?  Please help.

New to the community and very excited to be here!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adriene, 

Please go ahead and click on a job post with a U.S. requirement, and you should be able to file a ticket with our Customer Support team by clicking on the "contact Customer Support" link. 

Contact CS.png

~ Avery
Upwork

My account has been suspended after I uploaded a picture of my passport to verify that I was located in the US. I don't seem to be able to contact Upwork via email or their in-browser chat client.

Please help!

Hi Michael,

One of our agents will be reaching out to you directly via email ticket to help assist you with verifying your ID and removing the temporary hold on your account.

~Nina
elee34
Community Member

My account has been placed on hold after I uploaded my ID and UpWork was unable to verify it. I was told to contact customer service and am currently stuck in a never ending loop of "FAQ" links. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Evelyn,

One of our team members will reach out to you and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I am trying to verify my identity so I can submit a proposal. I do have other freelance platform accounts on other sites, like **Edited for Community Guidelines**, with the same profile pic, but also the same name, which is my legal name. I uploaded a pic of a valid state ID and it said they couldn't verify my identity and a hold was placed on my account. Now I don't even see a means to contact customer support.  I would appreciate some help. Thank you, 

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

One of our customer support agents will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm trying to verify my address but my ID is unfortunately expired. How can I verify my address without an ID? 

Hi Justin,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to verify your location with an expired ID. Please, use a valid photo ID, such as a driver's license, U.S. passport or a green card to verify your location.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello All,

I was uploading my ID for verification but Upwork couldnt verify and sent me an email that my account is placed on hold. Any solution for this issue?

Thanks

Hi Asfandyar,

I have checked your account and you have an open ticket regarding your verification process, once our team finish review of your ID they will update your ticket with further instructions. Please follow up on that ticket for more information and post any additional question directly to our team so that they could assist you further! Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Where should i can see the link where i would be able to upload ?

i need to verify my identity here on upwork so need some one explain for me how

Hi Khaled,

ID verification is not currently needed on your account but should that change in the future, the team will get in touch with you directly and provide you with the information regarding steps on providing your ID documents. Thank you

~Nina

why it's not needed ?! i think i did not verify my ID identity untill now 

Hi Nina K, 

I need someone from customer support to help me get my account unlocked so I can enter the two amounts and get paid. 

Thank you, 

Diego

Hi Jo-An B

I'm having the same problem, I need someone from customer support to contact me about verification failed. 

Thank you, 

Diego

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diego,

It looks like you have already successfully verified your location and your account isn't locked. Please clear your cache and cookies and try using different browser. If the issue shows on your end after this please let us know and our team will assist you further. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey, my I.D is not verifying properly

Any suggestions?

Hi Jackson,

Please select a job that has the US location requirement and refer to the notification at the top of the page, then select the "contact customer support" link. This will direct you to contact Customer Support and our team will assist you further with your verification process. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

My pic of my wisconsin state photo ID is not being accepted. It's defintely an accpeptable photo ID. The system is sating I'm trying to upload an unsupported kind of ID.  I don't believe this is correct. Could it be the quality of the image? Ideas?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please select a job that includes the US location requirement > check the notification at the top of the page and select the "contact customer support" link in the message, which will allow you to directly contact Customer Support regarding your verifying process. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I've uploaded the picture of my ID 3 times now -- each time it tells me that it's invalid.

I have an upright state ID as upposed to a horizontal one, so I have a sneaking suspicion that's the issue here. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to contact Upwork directly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

@Ian D wrote:

I've uploaded the picture of my ID 3 times now -- each time it tells me that it's invalid.

I have an upright state ID as upposed to a horizontal one, so I have a sneaking suspicion that's the issue here. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to contact Upwork directly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Do your full name on your Upwork profile and the details on your ID and your photo all match?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ian,

Thanks for reaching out to us. To contact Customer Support regarding verifying your location, please select a job that includes the US location requirement > check the notification at the top of the page and select the "contact customer support" link in the message, which will allow you to directly contact Customer Support. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Trying to verify location with Utah state ID but Upwork's tool fails every time. What is upwork's email address?

Hi Chris,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you further. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sherif, 

Please click on a job post with a U.S. requirement. There is a link to be able to contact the Customer Support Team from there, as shown below. Please click on the link so that you can contact the Customer Support Team directly. 

Contact CS.png

~ Avery
Upwork

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but I received this email;

I don’t know what to do.

Thanks!

ED92946D-1B23-40DD-9E40-B58B9CA749D2.pngC5A9CEF6-80D3-434C-B18E-08774629C965.jpeg

Hi Maria Jose,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with verification process! Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm unable to do ID verification as the automated system claims the name on my driver's license doesn't match that on my account.  Georgia licences have the last name on the next line rather than right next to the first/middle and I wonder if that's causing the problem.

How can I get verified?

Thanks.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths