🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hello Celia,

I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, you must have a valid sate-issued ID, driver's license, green card or U.S passport in order to submit proposals for jobs with a U.S location requirement. EAD cards cannot be used to verify your location. However, you may still submit proposals for those job posts without a U.S location requirement. Thank you!

Untitled

Hi, 

To submit a proposal Upwork requires me to verify my location, San Jose, California. For an identity proof, there are 4 options (Green card, State ID, Driver's license, US Passport). I do not have any of these as of now except my EAD which serves as my ID. How do I verify my identity then? Is there any other way?

Please help!

Thanks, 

Manisha

Hi Manisha,

One of our agents will contact you directly and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

Thank you so much!

Hi Manisha,

Unfortunately EAD is not accepted as a form to finish the verification process.
You will need one of the 4 forms you have listed above to finish this process. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have reached the maximum number of verification attempts for my location through uploading a photo of my driver's license. Every picture I attempted to upload didn't go through due to not matching the guidelines. I have the proof, but it just doesn't get accepted even with the correct dpi and size of the jpeg. Can I be helped with that towards resetting the attempts or any kind of help please?

Hello Lilia,

I would like to suggest you to upload a scan copy of your ID proof in JPEG in required size and dpi.

If this isn't solving then try to decrease the size of dpi and then it should be worked. If not, then send me a message

Hi Lilia, We are sorry to hear that you're having issues with verification. Can you please confirm if these issues still persist? Upon checking you have sent a support ticket and you were given an IDV link. Please advise.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hello,

I am trying to upload my dl for location verification but it says I have reached the number of uploads. The last 2 times it said my name didn't match, however I changed it when trying to upload the picture. What can I do now?

Hello Nicole,

I'm sorry to hear that. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you to assist you with your concern. Thank you.

Untitled

Hi,

I had problems getting my ID verified as I registered initially as Phil instead of Philipp. Now I have reached the limit to upload my ID. And I can't email upwork, because the interface to email is grey?!

So I can only write here to the community?

Can somebody "unblock" my ID upload limit so I can upload it again.

Thanks

Phil

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Philipp, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you in an email to assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

i have the same problem... how can i solve this problem?

"You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact cust"

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Flavio, 

I wanted to check what happens when you click on the link? Is the link unresponsive? I'll go ahead and ask the Customer Support Team to reach out to you.

~ Avery
Upwork

I can't submit proposals because my ID is not being verified. I've tried to upload it many times (by taking a picture with my phone), and upload it. And each time it failed until it eventually locked me out and said that I cannot submit more pictures of my ID. This is hindering me from being able to submit proposals. What can I do?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Liwen, 

The Customer Support Team will assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

My identity documents were declined and i don't know why now i have uploaded for the second time my passport and one monthly utility bill. Can i talk to someone about that or get video call?

Hi Jovana,

I'll follow up with the team regarding your ID verification and they'll update you directly as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you very much, i' ve tried to talk to someone about that and i would like to know why i was declined and if it's needed to talk to someone on video call.

Good evening,

I am also having issues with my document not being verified.  The message I received states my name does not match, but it matches so I am unsure of the issue.  I have attempted to message support but I am having difficulty figuring out if my message was received.  Can someone please assist me with this issue?  Thank you in advance.

Linda M. Morales

Hi Linda,

Could you please try uploading your documents for verification again? Please, make sure that both your first and last names are clearly visible on the ID document. Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I am also having trouble with identity verification. The scan of my DL was unable to be verified, but I don't see an option for submitting a scan or any other documentation again. Does the address on my driver's license need to match my current address? 

Thanks 

Hi Tiffany,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Someone from our team will follow up with you directly soon and assist you with verifying your location.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I am also having trouble submitting my identification. The site does not accept either my driver's license or my passport and does not allow me to attempt to submit again. Do I need to email these or submit these to a different location? 

-Samuel

Hello Samuel,

I have escalated your concern. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

Uploaded my drivers license to verify my location, but it failed and I cannot find away to reload it - Please advise.

Hello Kedi,

I have escalated your concern. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly. Thank you!

Untitled

I attempted to upload a scan of my ID to verify however it repeatedly rejected everything a presented until it finally kicked me out altogether stating that I had reached my limit of the number of times I could try to verify my ID.

Has anyone else experienced this, and/or knows what step to take next?

Hello Reese,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you!

Untitled

My first attempt at submitting my State ID was rejected. What do I need to do to submit another file that is in accordance to the guidelines?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi there! I need some help with verifying my location and submitting my ID as I have "reached the maximum number of tries". Thanks!

Hello Tiffany,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you!

Untitled

I have a work authorization card for US, but none of the listed supported documents. Is there any way I can verify my location? 

Thanks!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anh, 

In order to verify your location, you will need to submit any of the following IDs: 

• Driver's license
  • State ID card
  • United States passport
  • Green card

If you have any of the IDs above, you should be able to verify your location. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hey,

Here is the alert:

You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support.

I have deleted my duplicate account which was the original issue. Please help me out!

Thank you

Bryan Kosciolek

Hi Bryan,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you further with this, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I have entered my address, and now it is asking for verification.

I have tried uploading my Arizona State Drivers License however it still won't verify my address.

How do I get this resolved?

I attempted to upload my ID to verify my location. After several attempts, it said that I exceeded the number of attempts and to contact Customer Service. I can't seem to figure out how to actually do that. Is there a support email address?

Hi Amanda,

Please click on a US-only job in your job feed and at the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support. If you go ahead and click the green link, it will allow you to create a ticket directly to the team so that they can help you resolve your ID verification issue.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths