🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

My license isn't being accepted for ID verification and it's a brand new license. I can't upload more pictures of it. Can someone manually verify it? 

Hello,

I maxed out the number of tries to verify my location via id upload.  I believe this occurred because my account didn't contain my full name.  My account name has been corrected.  Can the upload restriction be removed/reset?  Thank you for your help.

Hi Denise Charmaine, and Jesssica, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you separately to assist you with your ID verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I am having the same problem. I believe the dimensions were wrong in my photo of my passport. Can the restriction please be removed or can I do video verify so I can resume looking for work? Thank you. 

Hi Karleigh, 

A member of the customer support team will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I am having difficulty verifying/uploading my ID and have been instructed to contact support. I have yet to hear back from someone - any ideas? I'd love to resolve this and submit proposals asap. Thank you in advance!

indic0
Community Member

I keep trying to upload my ID on the verification page and it is not accepting. The photo is clear and now it has locked me out.Can you please help?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Indi, 

The team will reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
pmatty
Community Member

I recently moved so my home address is different than my Driver's License. Is there any way around the account closure that followed?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paxson, 

I have asked the Customer Support Team to reach out to you so that they can assist you with your verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I tried to upload my ID but it says I've tried too many times.  My ID is perfectly valid and I want to try it again but I don't see how and upworks email is nonexistant.  Anyone else figure this out? 

Hi Isabelle,

One of our agents will reach out to you and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having trouble uploading my ID, I tried my driver license and my passport card and I got: I "have reached my maximum number of attempts to upload my ID" and I am becoming irritated with this process. 

can someone please help me there are a few jobs I want to apply to.

Hi Milena,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I uploaded my Driving License and then it says - We were unable to authenticate your ID. And my profile was place on hold.

Please suggest?

Hi Debasmita,

I checked your account and can see that there is an open ticket on the same issue.  Please allow time for our team to respond and update ticket and if you have any additional question please post them on that ticket for further assistance. Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I also got rejected for uploading a valid ID. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdullahi, 

I've shared this with the team so that they can reach out to you through an email support ticket and assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I am trying to verify my US loacation but can't because I  have reached the max try limit when trying to upload my ID. What to do next?

Hi Josh,

~ Goran
Upwork

I just logged in to UpWork after having not used it in a while and it looks like there is a new verification process for U.S. only workers/jobs. I uploaded a photo of my current Idaho driver's license but I got an error saying my ID couldn't be authenticated and that my account was placed on hold. Should I wait for someone to reach out to me? I can't seem to find a customer service link anywhere. I would gladly send the image again or maybe a new one if there was a problem with the other image? The email I got doesn't give any info about it being under review or anything so I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to do here or if I'm just rejected all together because of a bad photo.

*** Edited for Community Guidelines ***

Hello Caitlin,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly.

Untitled

I'm also having this issue- I uploaded a picture of my valid U.S. Passport to verify my location and a hold was placed on my account with no explanation of the reason. What am I supposed to do now? 

Sorry for the delay in our reply, Robert. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to asisst you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi,

I am also having an issue with this and there doesn't seem to be a way to correct it. Do I need to wait until someone contacts me to verify with a new picture?

Thank you,

Helen

Hi Helen,

~ Goran
Upwork

I meet all the image reqquierements but my image will not take. 

Hi Alejandra,

Could you please try uploading a different picture of your license and make sure that all information on it is clearly visibly and the image is not blurry and without any glare? All four edges of the license should be included in the picture.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I've tried different files in different sizes and still the same issue. 

Sorry to hear that the image is still not being accepted, Alejandra. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist with this issue.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Perhaps it is Upwork, themselves, that needs a developer to better-verify identification? Or even a front-end developer to better offer instructions rather than to upload "an" id, but rather, explain *exactly* what you are looking for us to upload? 

I uploaded my passport -- only a year old, in perfect shape, with great lighting and even ensured there was no gloss on the photo by adjusting the angle it was taken. Automatically unable to verify. This is clearly a flaw in the programming. What's more is that it doesn't tell me that someone is working to resolve my issue -- it's like a dead end. "We can't veriy you." with no further instructions.

This has been a horrible process. I hope that someone can resolve this soon.

Continue to have problems to uoload my driver license,. 

Hi Elizabete,

One of our team members will reach out to you and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi

I am having a problem verifying my Driver License. I think it was because I was cropping it. However the system has said I have reached the max attempts and to contact customer support. Can you reset my attempts or do I have to send docs directly to you

Hi Jeff,

One of our agents will reach out to you and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I've reached the limit in trying to upload my ID, and now I can't figure out how to be able to do so again. Please help.

Hi Joseph, 

Our team will reach out to you as well, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm running into an issue where I've taken multiple photos of my ID (State issued drivers license), which meet the requirement of being over 200dpi, within the size and have all four corners showing. Everytime I upload it, it comes back as unrecognizable. This happened enough times, where now It's telling me that I've reached the maximum number of tries and gives me a link to customer support, which doesn't work (gives me a network response of (cancelled) ). 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hi Clint Frederick, 

I'll go ahead and inform the Customer Support Team about your issue.

~ Avery
Upwork

Avery O, I also have the same issue and I have ended up in the same place. Is there a number that I can try to get this sorted out?

Any help is appreciated, thank you. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths