🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unpaid Hours even after using Time Tracker De...
Page options
hardevops
Community Member

Unpaid Hours even after using Time Tracker Desktop App

Hello Upwork !

I have faced an issue while working in a hourly contract, i was using Upwork's Time Tracker App for the time logging and my total work hours were 3 hours, so the client was deducted for 3 hours of work and the payment was first in "Pending"  then after 3 days it became "In Review" in the reports section & later on it again went to "Pending" so i asked the client "Have you rejected my milestone ?" he said no there is some problem in upwork.

I was following up for 2 weeks and started ignoring my messages and when i asked him to end the contract he said he won't. Then i had to end it by myself since i was not getting any work from him. Later on he gave me a bad review on my profile which will obviously affect my JSS.

I even tried to file a dispute but couldn't find any option to dispute. Please help ! What should i do ?

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Wadhawan wrote:

Hello Upwork !What should i do ?

Familiarizing yourself with how hourly contracts work would have been a fabulous first step. Then this whole debacle would never have happened.

Wadhawan wrote:

i was using Upwork's Time Tracker App for the time logging and my total work hours were 3 hours, so the client was deducted for 3 hours of work and the payment was first in "Pending"  then after 3 days it became "In Review" in the reports section & later on it again went to "Pending" so i asked the client "Have you rejected my milestone ?" he said no there is some problem in upwork.

No, that's not what happened. The hours started in "Work in progress" then went to "In Review" and finally to "Pending" which is how it works for all hourly contracts and you have harassed the living daylights out of that client for no reason whatsoever at all.

There is no such thing as rejecting a milestone for hourly contracts.

You'll get paid the $ 9 for your 3 hours tomorrow and yes, your appalling behaviour that led to the poor feedback will affect your JSS, which is already terrible.

I even tried to file a dispute 

Dispute what? There is nothing to dispute.

robin_hyman
Community Member

And you made it worse with your reply. Don't dispute. Move on. Maybe you'll be lucky and get another client one day. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members