Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreasonable but high promising client

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
21 of 45

Start googling all your text in small bits... Should it appear anywhere, and he does not pay you, tell him he has 48 hours to pay OR take down the content WHICH YOU OWN or a DMCA Takedown Notice will be issued.

If he's already sold your work his client will NOT be very happy............

petra_r
Community Guru
22 of 45

Barbara, would you welcome some comments on the letter you wrote him, for future reference?

I think it was a bit counter-productive to be honest.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
23 of 45

re: "high-promising client"

Lots of lessons can be learned from this thread. 

Including:

When I go to a grocery store to buy food, "promises from a client" are not considered an acceptable form of currency.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
24 of 45

What the Sam Satan's underground is going on here? This is like watching a puppy get kicked. Girl, we need to get you some attitude. 50 150 descriptions at midnight? Urgent? Who needs that urgently? Nobody except farmers. You got yourself caught up with a farmer.

Note to writers: anything marked urgent is a red flag.

He'll pay you double? You need to write back LOLmissingzerosLOL

At least you dumped him. If he keeps contacting you, just give him a hair flip.

Nicki-Minaj-BET-.gif

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
25 of 45

re: "50 150 descriptions at midnight? Urgent? Who needs that urgently?"

Jennifer, it actually was quite urgent. The Internet was running out of content.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
26 of 45

Those descriptions won't write themselves. I'm sure Mr Farmer has a great thin amazon affiliate site that's basically pure spam. I give it 3 months and zero traffic before it gets banned from the Internets.

m_njari
Community Guru
MERCY N Member Since: May 6, 2015
27 of 45

"... Jennifer, it actually was quite urgent. The Internet was running out of content".

Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

babzward
Community Guru
Barbara W Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
28 of 45

Petra - I would very eagerly accept advice in regards to how to present myself better (including comments on the letter). While it's too late for  me to take back what I've already said, I'd like to have a better idea of how to present myself in the future (should this problem arise again).

- Barbara Herrera -
petra_r
Community Guru
29 of 45

@Barbara W wrote:

Petra - I would very eagerly accept advice in regards to how to present myself better (including comments on the letter).

Well, this is just my personal opinion:

"Hello sir (use name, ALWAYS), as I told you before, I would not be able to complete that many descriptions today. I have other clients and you have been very demanding with my time, which truly is not fair to my other contracts. Additionally you have disregarded any mention that I have given as to my availability, and I feel that it would be best if we close out our contract now. I am sorry that it did not work out, but I feel that you need a freelancer who is able to commit to you full-time, and that isn't me. I have multiple clients and I value them all equally, and your excessive demands will not make you a priority over the clients that I have been working with for weeks. I will send you an invoice for the articles that have already been completed and you may close out my contract. I understand if you do not have positive feedback to leave for me as I was unable to meet your incredibly high demands. Thank you."

NEVER tell a client to leave you bad feedback, and don't get into personal blah-blah. It's all just rope that can be used to hang you...

Want me to play with your overview, too?  Smiley Wink

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
30 of 45

Barbara,,

Petra is right (as usual  Smiley Wink  ). Don't ever succumb to the temptation of leaving snide innuendo or guarded insults - professionalism will always win out over non-professionalism. As Petra said, it's rope to hang you - or I'd say a stick to beat you with. Often the most annoying thing you can do to a client like this (but with the least potential for a bad outcome) is to stay entirely pleasant and objective (but assertive). They're expecting you to give them that stick or rope because they know they haven't any left themselves. So don't give it them...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS