cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreasonable ending of contract

Highlighted
Mark Anthony A Member Since: Jan 6, 2015
1 of 3

So I had a contract with **edited for Community Guidelines** (that's their company name), now I noticed that my recent pay has certain deductions because of violations with the oDesk guarantee pay something.

By the way my wife and I are working for the same client, she had the same deduction/refund problem as well.

Now I know for a fact that if she incurred any violations then it finem however, for some reason, the client immediately ended her contract right after asking the client why was there a refund/deduction from her salary.

I personally believe this is unreasonable and very unprofessional on the client's part.

They can say that she was the bottom performer of the team but to just end her contract like that just because of that question is very wrong.

Possible to cover their tracks they removed us from using hipchat as to cover the chat evidence of us just asking.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 3
You know what, if everything you say here is accurate then it sounds like you are right, that this is a client which acts unfairly and unreasonably. But it does not sound like they are violating any oDesk policies. They may simply be unpleasant to work for and they may be using the oDesk rules that are in place in order to skimp on pay whenever they see an allowable excuse to do so.

In the end, a company like that will not succeed. You should be glad that you and your wife realized early on the true nature of this client and be relieved that you no longer need to work for them. Move on and find better clients.
Highlighted
Mark Anthony A Member Since: Jan 6, 2015
3 of 3

This would be the 2nd time this has happened. I can go into details but, yea I guess we'll just leave it at that. Thank you for your response and taking time to read my sentiment.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS