cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive Client- Lower Job Success Score?

bbakersvoice
Ace Contributor

Hello this is a first for me so need some guidance.  I have a client that initiated a milestone for me to record a short script (I am Voice Talent).  However, I cannot proceed without the script which he has yet to provide.  About a month ago he indicated the script was running late but should have it to me in a couple of days...still no script.

I have sent multiple messages asking on status of script but no response.   We are at about 45 days total since the milestone began and now it's just sitting there.

Is this hurting my job success score even though I cannot move forward with the work without the script or/and response from him?   What have others done in this situation?

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

Bob 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlsanders
Community Guru

Not yet.

Upwork doesn't keep money in escrow for more than 90 days. At the 76 day mark, you and the client will both get emails advising you that the milestone will be canceled and the money refunded to the client if some action hasn't taken place within two weeks.

I usually advise clients that that's coming up at about the 60-day mark, since two weeks may not be enough time to move forward when they receive the formal notice.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tlsanders
Community Guru

Not yet.

Upwork doesn't keep money in escrow for more than 90 days. At the 76 day mark, you and the client will both get emails advising you that the milestone will be canceled and the money refunded to the client if some action hasn't taken place within two weeks.

I usually advise clients that that's coming up at about the 60-day mark, since two weeks may not be enough time to move forward when they receive the formal notice.

Thank you very much! 

when you close the contract after refunding, choose "contract completed successfully"

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS