🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unresponsive Client Time Frame
Page options
hultzman_melissa
Community Member

Unresponsive Client Time Frame

Hi, I've had a few unresponsive contracts with clients. I'm kinda struggling with the time frame. I checked the help section reply:

"If you are working with a client and they become unresponsive for a long period of time, it may be best to stop working on the project and wait for contact from the client. In some cases, you may also reach out to Upwork to contact the client on your behalf."

What is considered a long time? Any advise or suggestions are welcome?

example 1: I had a client where a proposal was sent/discussed mid December, received a reply 3 weeks later, a week after accepted an offer, 2 weeks later they sent all the info to start(ie company emails, access)...turns out they were just extremely busy

example 2: I have a contract with a few concerns and the person hasn't replied to any of my messages for 5 days?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Melissa H wrote:

example 1: I had a client where a proposal was sent/discussed mid December, received a reply 3 weeks later, a week after accepted an offer, 2 weeks later they sent all the info to start(ie company emails, access)...turns out they were just extremely busy

example 2: I have a contract with a few concerns and the person hasn't replied to any of my messages for 5 days?

If money was ever paid, there is no issue.

It is best not to accept a contract until you have what you need to complete the first milestone or start tracking time.

A contract with nothing (ever) paid may start to affect your JSS from 2 months onwards.

A few days obviously aren't an issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Melissa H wrote:

If money was ever paid, there is no issue.

It is best not to accept a contract until you have what you need to complete the first milestone or start tracking time.

A contract with nothing (ever) paid may start to affect your JSS from 2 months onwards.

A few days obviously aren't an issue.

Thanks....makes sence.

Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly,

Clients gotta take a long time to reply...

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Melissa,

I have clients I don't hear from for many weeks or months on end.

I am plenty busy with other clients, so I just contact these delinquent clients about once a month for a couple of months and close the projects if they don't respond to my request that they close them if there is no more work for me to do.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members