nymerion

Unresponsive Client after Interview

So I have this client, we had the interview everything was smooth and she said she was going to inform me within a couple of days. 2 weeks have passed, no response from anyone about the job position. I'm fine in not getting the job at all, but due to manners of professionalism after an interview I suppose they should have. Anyways my question is that if I withdraw the Active Proposal, will it impact me in any negative way possible? I wouldn't like that to happen.

Thank you in advance,

Konstantine.

11 REPLIES 11
lisawerk

I don't think there's any negative effect until you actually have a contract in place. I've had clients disappear in the middle of an interview. After a while I just withdraw the proposal and I've never had it come back to bite me.

That being said, I know a lot of freelancers here have talked about clients coming back weeks or even months later and offering them a great job, so I don't think there's anything wrong with leaving it open. Maybe he had a family or financial emergency or had some other problem that's preventing him from communicating.

I wouldn't withdraw the proposal. Even if the client doesn't hire you for this job, he/she might for the next.

But whatever you decide, this  will NOT impact your JSS.

slivaniou

Hi Konstantine,

I understand that it can be frustrating. However, if there are doubts regarding the impact this might have on your profile, why not consider leaving it as such?

nymerion

Yes, I agree I will leave it as such.. Thank you so much for the replies! Have a lovely evening 🙂

for me getting about 5-6 interview per week i cannot let them open as it will be a very long list so i just let itt three day and  withdraw it in case of unresponsivness .

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This widget could not be displayed.

@Khemiri M wrote:

for me getting about 5-6 interview per week i cannot let them open as it will be a very long list so i just let itt three day and  withdraw it in case of unresponsivness .

In your case either the profile photo or the name are false. The photo is from the Norwegian Hxxxx Sxxxxx. Top-Rated and stolen photo from another person. How could this happen?

@Margarete M wrote:

@Khemiri M wrote:

In your case either the profile photo or the name are false. The photo is from the Norwegian Hxxxx Sxxxxx. Top-Rated and stolen photo from another person. How could this happen?

I also checked and you're right. Btw I love how he describes himself as "Very Honest" while having a stolen photo. Oh irony, we meet again..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Konstantine K wrote:

So I have this client, we had the interview everything was smooth and she said she was going to inform me within a couple of days. 2 weeks have passed, no response from anyone about the job position. I'm fine in not getting the job at all, but due to manners of professionalism after an interview I suppose they should have. Anyways my question is that if I withdraw the Active Proposal, will it impact me in any negative way possible? I wouldn't like that to happen.

Thank you in advance,

Konstantine.

There are many reasons why there could be a delay. If the job is really interesting for you, you should follow-up and show your interest. I have got good clients after a long time of silence. 

My god I forgot to include the most important information. Client left the message room a couple of days after we conducted our interview so I sent them via Skype.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Konstantine K wrote:

My god I forgot to include the most important information. Client left the message room a couple of days after we conducted our interview so I sent them via Skype.

Anyway, if you are still interested, follow-up, if not you can just wait, the contract will be closed by Upwork after some time or withdraw your bid. 

Thank you! 🙂