cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive Client after Interview

nymerion
Community Leader

So I have this client, we had the interview everything was smooth and she said she was going to inform me within a couple of days. 2 weeks have passed, no response from anyone about the job position. I'm fine in not getting the job at all, but due to manners of professionalism after an interview I suppose they should have. Anyways my question is that if I withdraw the Active Proposal, will it impact me in any negative way possible? I wouldn't like that to happen.

Thank you in advance,

Konstantine.

11 REPLIES 11
lisawerk
Community Guru

I don't think there's any negative effect until you actually have a contract in place. I've had clients disappear in the middle of an interview. After a while I just withdraw the proposal and I've never had it come back to bite me.

That being said, I know a lot of freelancers here have talked about clients coming back weeks or even months later and offering them a great job, so I don't think there's anything wrong with leaving it open. Maybe he had a family or financial emergency or had some other problem that's preventing him from communicating.

I wouldn't withdraw the proposal. Even if the client doesn't hire you for this job, he/she might for the next.

But whatever you decide, this  will NOT impact your JSS.

slivaniou
Community Leader

Hi Konstantine,

I understand that it can be frustrating. However, if there are doubts regarding the impact this might have on your profile, why not consider leaving it as such?

nymerion
Community Leader

Yes, I agree I will leave it as such.. Thank you so much for the replies! Have a lovely evening 🙂

for me getting about 5-6 interview per week i cannot let them open as it will be a very long list so i just let itt three day and  withdraw it in case of unresponsivness .

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This widget could not be displayed.

@Khemiri M wrote:

for me getting about 5-6 interview per week i cannot let them open as it will be a very long list so i just let itt three day and  withdraw it in case of unresponsivness .

In your case either the profile photo or the name are false. The photo is from the Norwegian Hxxxx Sxxxxx. Top-Rated and stolen photo from another person. How could this happen?

@Margarete M wrote:

@Khemiri M wrote:

In your case either the profile photo or the name are false. The photo is from the Norwegian Hxxxx Sxxxxx. Top-Rated and stolen photo from another person. How could this happen?

I also checked and you're right. Btw I love how he describes himself as "Very Honest" while having a stolen photo. Oh irony, we meet again..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Konstantine K wrote:

So I have this client, we had the interview everything was smooth and she said she was going to inform me within a couple of days. 2 weeks have passed, no response from anyone about the job position. I'm fine in not getting the job at all, but due to manners of professionalism after an interview I suppose they should have. Anyways my question is that if I withdraw the Active Proposal, will it impact me in any negative way possible? I wouldn't like that to happen.

Thank you in advance,

Konstantine.

There are many reasons why there could be a delay. If the job is really interesting for you, you should follow-up and show your interest. I have got good clients after a long time of silence. 

My god I forgot to include the most important information. Client left the message room a couple of days after we conducted our interview so I sent them via Skype.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Konstantine K wrote:

My god I forgot to include the most important information. Client left the message room a couple of days after we conducted our interview so I sent them via Skype.

Anyway, if you are still interested, follow-up, if not you can just wait, the contract will be closed by Upwork after some time or withdraw your bid. 

Thank you! 🙂

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS