🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unresponsive Client with No Milestone created...
Page options
c_olantigue
Community Member

Unresponsive Client with No Milestone created but there's a work done (Fixed-Price Contract)

Hi everyone!

I would like to ask for help about this unresponsive client for two weeks now and I've been working with him for more than 6 months (he's actually my first upwork client). He asked me to communicate with him through Slack because he's gonna send all the instructions about the job and he wanted me to send the output there then that's the only time he's gonna pay for my work on upwork by creating milestone and completing it right away so basically that's our work around since then and I know that's not right  but I gave my client the benefit of the doubt as he seems to be  professional  and trustworthy but right after I submit my last work to him, he's no longer communicative on Slack nor Upwork messenger eventhough he's online for the past 2 weeks. I was about to file a complain to Upwork support since I have evidences but I'd like to ask first from Upwork community, your thoughts, advice or if you have encountered similar experience of mine. Please feel free to comment and it will be highly appreciated. Thanks and keep safe!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Christian Francis O wrote:

after I submit my last work to him, he's no longer communicative on Slack nor Upwork messenger eventhough he's online for the past 2 weeks. I was about to file a complain to Upwork support 

There is nothing you can file a complaint about.

You can't dispute a milestone that wasn't funded or active.

All you can do is learn from it. Don't submit work without a funded milestone.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Christian Francis O wrote:

after I submit my last work to him, he's no longer communicative on Slack nor Upwork messenger eventhough he's online for the past 2 weeks. I was about to file a complain to Upwork support 

There is nothing you can file a complaint about.

You can't dispute a milestone that wasn't funded or active.

All you can do is learn from it. Don't submit work without a funded milestone.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christian,

I checked the contract in question and it looks there are no active milestones or funds left in Escrow. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
sjbercot
Community Member

Unfortuantely the workaround left you vulnerable. You probably already realize it, but this is why Upwork says to never work without a funded milestone, because even if the client is a great and honest person, they could have an accident or emergency that makes them unable to pay, but with a funded milestone, you're protected. There's not much Upwork can do for you if you submit work without one. You might leave the contract open and see if the client made a mistake or something and comes back eventually. Or you can close it yourself (but IMO, I'd wait longer than two weeks just in case there's a solveable issue going on), and the client will have 14 days to leave their review.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths