🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unresponsive Client
Page options
novsronquillo
Community Member

Unresponsive Client

I just wanted to report my second client who has been non responsive after I have sent my accomplished job. He left the contract and the payment pending.
The following are the timelines of my contract with client **Edited for Community Guidelines**:
1. I accepted the contract with client **Edited for Community Guidelines** on February 8, 2019;
2. The deadline of the job is on February 15, 2019 which I have succesfully accomplished on the said date;
3. Two days passed and the client did not respond in any way. I decided to resubmit and asked for payment on February 18, 2019;
4. Client still has no reply and I resubmitted again on February 21, 2019;
5. Finally, he replied on February 28, 2019 and asked to resubmit a part of my given job/task which I complied with on that same day;
6. Come the 14th day from the date of submission and still client has no response;
7. Another 14th day of my resubmission, which is yesterday, and still client has no response.

I am duly filing this complaint because I have red Upwork terms and conditions regarding Review and Approve Milestones and I know for a fact that I should have been paid on the 14th day. I also know that the client has successfully funded this project. I am humbly asking Upwork to investigate on this matter. I am attaching screenshots that can help prove my case, hoping that you could help me.
I am a new freelancer who aims for the betterment of life which I believe is achievable through upwork. This is my 2nd project and I hope my complaint will be acted upon and be given my compensation for the said project. I am open to any dispute resolution with my client. Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Novielyn,

When you request a payment the client has 14 days to ask for changes or approve the payment, if no actions are taken the funds will be released to you. But please keep in mind that resubmitting the work will reset the time line, please do not resubmit your work again.

To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Novielyn,

When you request a payment the client has 14 days to ask for changes or approve the payment, if no actions are taken the funds will be released to you. But please keep in mind that resubmitting the work will reset the time line, please do not resubmit your work again.

To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

The last resubmission I made was five (5) days ago. I will be waiting for another 9 days then.

Hi Goran,

Why i cannot find any topics with freelancers? I have unresponsive freelancer who is not finishing his work. I need help with this issue as soon as possible, because he is not finishing the work and i am already running late with the project.

Please help me to contact Upwork customer-support asap, because i cannot find any email-address for the customer-support. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Christian

Hi Chris,

Could you please send me a PM with the Contract ID or the Freelancer's name so that one of our agents can reach out to your Freelancer?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Novielyn R wrote:

1. I accepted the contract  on February 8, 2019;
2. The deadline of the job is on February 15, 2019 which I have succesfully accomplished on the said date;
3. Two days passed and the client did not respond in any way. I decided to resubmit and asked for payment on February 18, 2019;
4. Client still has no reply and I resubmitted again on February 21, 2019;
5. Finally, he replied on February 28, 2019 and asked to resubmit a part of my given job/task which I complied with on that same day;
6. Come the 14th day from the date of submission and still client has no response;
7. Another 14th day of my resubmission, which is yesterday, and still client has no response.

Every time you "resubmit" you start the 14 day countdown from scratch. NEVER do that, unless the client asked for changes to the project through the interface and you are resubmitting the fixed work.

The funds will be automatically released 14 days after the LAST time you pressed the "resubmit button."

DO NOT TOUCH THAT BUTTON AGAIN.

Also, clients have 14 days to review the work. Chasing the client and resubmitting during those 14 days is inappropriate behaviour and does not get you paid quicker.

There is nothing to report the client for!

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Even if you had grounds for a complaint, a public forum is not the way to go. 

You would have been paid already if you had read up on how upwork works and not have resubmitted so many times. 

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Novielyn,

It will take you a little while to get used to all the rules (written and unwritten) that govern working on Upwork.

Everyone here has had a learning curve, though you wouldn't know it from their impatience at new freelancers' mistakes.

One thing you'll have to get used to is clients who disappear during a project or after a project is finished. Luckily for freelancers, Upwork has set up its payment rules so clients don't have to do anything once you have submitted work or booked hours using TimeTracker. Whether hourly or fixed price, payment will be made according to a set schedule unless the client objects in some way.

On hourly projects, until you have a lot of experience working with a particular client, NEVER add manual hours to your work time. Even if a client supposedly "approves" manual time in the Upwork contract with you, they have no obligation whatsoever to ever actually pay you for those hours worked. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths