🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unresponsive Client
Page options
veneur
Community Member

Unresponsive Client

Hi! I have a hourly contract (Contract ID 21902268) with client. But he doesn't response to my messages. What should I do? End the contract?

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Vadim O wrote:

Hi! I have a hourly contract (Contract ID 21902268) with client. But he doesn't response to my messages. What should I do? End the contract?

Have you earned any money under the contract?

How long has it been open and how long has the client been unresponsive?

veneur
Community Member

Yup. I have about 2 logged hours (it’s a small job). But client isn’t available now and his last reply was on April 11th. The contract started on April 2
petra_r
Community Member

Vadim O wrote:
Yup. I have about 2 logged hours (it’s a small job). But client isn’t available now and his last reply was on April 11th. The contract started on April 2

Just leave it alone. As you have earned money it is not going to do you any harm, ever, and it's only been a few days.

If the contract is still sitting there all idle in a few weeks, you can make one last attempt to contact the client, and if that doesn't bring the client back, close the contract. But at this stage there is no need to do anything at all.

April 11 is only 4 days ago.

This is nothing.

Clients are NOT obligated to respond to clients.

I have had clients who took months to respond to a message that I sent.

One thing I don't do is pester them with repeated messages. They are the client. It is their project. If it isn't urgent for them, then that's fine. They know where to find me if they want to talk to me.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members