🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unresponsive Client
Page options
yasirbs13
Community Member

Unresponsive Client

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "How does someone force you to take payment outside of Upwork? How does that work? Enlighten me."

Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 12.21.13 PM.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
lysis10
Community Member

Muhammad Y wrote:

i have worked for **Edited for Community Guidelines** its been more than one month he did not pay me also he forced me to accept payment outside of upwork. i just tried my best to get my payment on upwork and leave this client. he is not answering to my messages. we had a deal 70$/week i worked for him and he did not pay me my amount.

How does someone force you to take payment outside of Upwork? How does that work? Enlighten me.

re: "How does someone force you to take payment outside of Upwork? How does that work? Enlighten me."

Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 12.21.13 PM.png

florydev
Community Member

This is not going to work out how you were hoping it would when you wrote this.

Muhammad:

Did you believe that Upwork could help you get some money from this client?

(It can not. Because you do not have an Upwork though the platform. It may interest you to know that Upwork actively investigates freelancers who agree to accept payment off of the platform. And Upwork routinely implements countermeasures against such... including account-level sanctions.)

You are right.
Its all my fault.

Well.... All kidding aside:

Upwork has its rules. And keeping payment on the platform isn't done because Upwork wants to make things difficult for freelancers. It is actually done to protect freelancers and help ensure they receive payment.

Receiving payment off-platform a serious rule violation. But Upwork routinely works with freelancers in a fair and positive way. And often in a merciful and forgiving way. Freelancers who make mistakes and demonstrate contrition have often been able to learn from their mistakes and continue working through the platform.

The original poster has already described what happened here in the Forum. Forum moderators monitor these threads. I don't think it is necessary for him to contact anybody else at Upwork in an official capacity. Upwork might not even look into this any further.

If Upwork decides to look into this, then the best advice for the original poster would be for him to be completely honest about what happened, and accept responsibility. So far, it looks like he is doing that.

lysis10
Community Member

Mark F wrote:
This is not going to work out how you were hoping it would when you wrote this.

It really cracks me up when they do this to get the client into trouble with some revenge and I don't think they think this through very well.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths