🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unresponsive Client
Page options
lbordonaro
Community Member

Unresponsive Client

Hello, I have been hired for an hourly video-editing job, but after the hiring proposal got no reply to my questions, which would inform my workflow. The first week just ended, and I've worked some hours, that now I am curious to see if will be paid. I am suspicious because I've seen 18 hires on the same job and a bad review from a freelancer that said the client abruptly closed the contract. There are other good reviews but that made me fear that I am working for nothing and maybe they will never release the payment. So I am thinking...maybe I stop working and wait for an answer or the payment to keep working on the video. What do you suggest? Also, is there a warranty that hours billed through the time tracking Desktop App will be paid?

Lastly, how come in my jobs tab this gig shows as active contract, but in my profile doesn't show in the "In Progress" tab?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Luca,

I suggest waiting a bit more time for the client to follow up on your messages.

Regarding getting paid, Upwork provides payment protection to freelancers and agencies for hours legitimately billed according to the eligibility criteria that you can find in this article

The contract will start showing on your profile once payment has been processed.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Luca,

I suggest waiting a bit more time for the client to follow up on your messages.

Regarding getting paid, Upwork provides payment protection to freelancers and agencies for hours legitimately billed according to the eligibility criteria that you can find in this article

The contract will start showing on your profile once payment has been processed.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar, thank you so much!

One last question: How does the payment protection work, in the case I am eligible? Is it like they can go ahead and take the money from the client's account? 

Thanks!

Hi Luca,

When working on Hourly Contracts the client is automatically invoiced every week. If during the review period they dispute your hours and you don't qualify for payment protection then they would be refunded. Therefore, to answer your question, if you qualified for payment protection then the client would not be refunded.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Perfect, thank you so much Andrea!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths