🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unresponsive Client
Page options
stevenrauof
Community Member

Unresponsive Client

It's the first time for me to face this problem. 
The client asked me to do a certain task and I did and submitted work for payment.
what I know -according to Upwork rules- that when the client is unresponsive for 14 days, The money is released to the freelancer.
In my case, The client was unresponsive for just 13 days then he responded and asked for change without leaving any details about the changes and he is now unresponsive.
What should I do? 
Is the Upwork dispute useful in my case?
If yes, How does Upwork protect me from this client's bad feedback?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tell him that you're unable to complete his request until he submits more detailed information.  Or, if it's outside of the original job scope, you can resubmit and tell him that you'd need a new contract to do that additional work.  Even if it goes to dispute and he ends up leaving bad feedback, you can remove it with your top rated perk (if you haven't used it in the past 3 months/10 jobs).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lizablau
Community Member

Did he press the button in the contract that resets the 14-day countdown clock, or did he ask for changes in the message box?  

The money will still be released to you after 14 days if he only requested changes in the message box. 

If he stopped the clock, I'd resubmit the work through the contract, and tell him that he didn't provide enough details regarding the changes he wants.  

If he leaves bad feedback, you can use your top rated feedback removal perk so it won't hurt your JSS.

Hi,
thank you for your response.
Unfortunately,  he pressed the button in the contract that resets the 14-day countdown clock.
Okay, I will try to resubmit again. 
What should I do if he does the same thing again?

Tell him that you're unable to complete his request until he submits more detailed information.  Or, if it's outside of the original job scope, you can resubmit and tell him that you'd need a new contract to do that additional work.  Even if it goes to dispute and he ends up leaving bad feedback, you can remove it with your top rated perk (if you haven't used it in the past 3 months/10 jobs).

Thank you.
I will do that

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members