🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unresponsive Client
Page options
27a90795
Community Member

Unresponsive Client

I have a client who is very nice but she is very unresponsive. She has a company, so she says she is busy. Because of that, there is a lot of inactivity on that job. I fear that it will decrease my job success score, and I have no control over it. Please give some suggestions on how can I prevent jss to not go down because of this.

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Clients are not required to be responsive.

As a freelancer, I get paid the same amount of money whether a client is responsive or not.

As a freelancer, YOU may require a client to be responsive. Even though Upwork has no such requirement. If a client is not sufficiently responsive for your own personal requirements, you may stop working for her at any time.

re: “I fear that it will decrease my job success score, and I have no control over it. Please give some suggestions on how can I prevent jss to not go down because of this.”

Do not worry about this. A client’s responsiveness has no impact on a freelancer’s JSS.

petra_r
Community Member

Rohan S wrote:

I have a client who is very nice but she is very unresponsive. She has a company, so she says she is busy.

So leave her alone. She'll contact you when she wants you to do more work.

I fear that it will decrease my job success score

It won't. It has absolutely zero effect on your JSS.

Please give some suggestions on how can I prevent jss to not go down because of this.

Simply make sure the contract doesn't end badly, because that is the only way it could have a negative effect on your JSS. 

m_acc_des
Community Member

I don't know why Preston and Petra usually act like They don't understand what the freelancer is saying, Any way: -

1- Unresponsiveness means that the freelancer asks a question, but the client takes too long to reply, and He can't continue working without their instructions.

2- Inactive job means that the client is not asking for more work, Yet, He keeps the contract open.

So my suggestion to You is that You kindly ask the client to reply more frequently because this will enable You to add more value, If This problem continues, You can ask kindly as well to end the contract.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths