🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unresponsive Customer Support
Page options
ceemarcus
Community Member

Unresponsive Customer Support

I'm returning to Upwork from a long hiatus and had issues with aumated withdrawals, I've been trying to reach support for 4 days now with no luck, not even a "we received your ticket and will answer" email sent my way, what are my options as a freelancer? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Marco,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience while trying to contact our support and how you feel about the same. I checked and noticed that you recently contacted us to reverse your scheduled payment withdrawal as this was initiated without any intimation to the payment method that you no longer wish to use. If you are referring to the same concern, please note that you do not get any prior intimation before initiating scheduled withdrawals on your Upwork account. They are automatically withdrawn to your preferred payment method updated by you. You can view and edit your automated payment schedule settings here. We are unable to cancel or reverse your withdrawal manually unless it fails for any technical issues. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I'm returning to Upwork from a long hiatus and had issues with aumated withdrawals, I've been trying to reach support for 4 days now with no luck, not even a "we received your ticket and will answer" email sent my way, what are my options as a freelancer?"

Marco:
I'm going to tell you some things, in an effort to help you. And maybe some of this will seem harsh, but it isn't intended to be. I hope I can provide you with some new ways of looking at things:

1) We are in the middle of the Christmas holiday. Between Christmas as New Years Day. Lots of people are on vacation, including (no doubt) many Upwork personnel. The level of Customer Support available right now may not be representative of the level of support available at other times of the year.

2) According to your profile page the last time you worked was six years ago. Things may have changed since then.

3) Being straight up honest with you? Providing customer support personnel costs money. Upwork would very much like you to get help without costing them money. The best way to do that is to read the documentation that has been provided, read the information available in the Community Forum's already-existing threads, and to post a question in the Forum if you need to ask about something. Yet, when I clicked on your name, I saw that you have never posted a question in the Forum before.

4) There are many Upwork users who post a question in the Forum and then receive an answer to their question, or receive help from Forum moderator, within minutes. There are OTHER Upwork users who don't know about the Forum, and they try to get help only using Upwork Customer Support tickets, and they end up waiting a long time, and often they don't receive information which is as thorough as what they would have received in the Forum.

So for now...

What is your question?

Hi Preston, I am having an issue changing my name & email. 

I just signed up using my backup email because on my main email, it gave me an error. turns out my main email was registered 2years ago and it is inactive, I do not have its details. 

I need to delete the old inactive account & change my name and email on this account.  

Could you help?

You are only allowed one account.  You will have to get the original account activated and delete this current account. 

Hi Vice,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with more information on both accounts so I could review and assist you in a better way?

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks Preston as a professional in IT I'm well aware of the costs of providing good customer support, unfortunately my issue is not really a question like, where do I change my profile pic which I'm sure this kind of forum already answered a thousand times, I don't take your reply as harsh at all you've been polite, however assuming too much. 

Again as someone with experience in the field I find it outstanding that a service that is not free provides such terrible follow up, It's pretty simple to create an autoreply email after someone requests to be contacted by support on a chatbot, during high demand seasons this email could include something as simple as "we're short on reps, support requests may take longer than expected" There's no excuse for bad UX when even free services have great support, I haven't made business with Payoneer for 6 years also but they replied immediately for instance but Upwork hasn't, even though they took their cut our of two payments in last weeks.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tlbp
Community Member

Marco Y wrote:

Thanks Preston as a professional in IT I'm well aware of the costs of providing good customer support, unfortunately my issue is not really a question like, where do I change my profile pic which I'm sure this kind of forum already answered a thousand times, I don't take your reply as harsh at all you've been polite, however assuming too much. 

Again as someone with experience in the field I find it outstanding that a service that is not free provides such terrible follow up, It's pretty simple to create an autoreply email after someone requests to be contacted by support on a chatbot, during high demand seasons this email could include something as simple as "we're short on reps, support requests may take longer than expected" There's no excuse for bad UX when even free services have great support, I haven't made business with Payoneer for 6 years also but they replied immediately for instance but Upwork hasn't, even though they took their cut our of two payments in last weeks.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Upwork tends to be a place where the proactive thrive and the reactive flounder. 

PradeepH

Hi Marco,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience while trying to contact our support and how you feel about the same. I checked and noticed that you recently contacted us to reverse your scheduled payment withdrawal as this was initiated without any intimation to the payment method that you no longer wish to use. If you are referring to the same concern, please note that you do not get any prior intimation before initiating scheduled withdrawals on your Upwork account. They are automatically withdrawn to your preferred payment method updated by you. You can view and edit your automated payment schedule settings here. We are unable to cancel or reverse your withdrawal manually unless it fails for any technical issues. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks for the reply Pradeep, I'm aware of what you stated I'm adding information on a private message to you, looking forward to your reply 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members