🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unresponsive client and inactive milstone...
Page options
c2ac131d
Community Member

Unresponsive client and inactive milstone!

I am a children's book illustrator and I have been working on this project. The client was very responsive for the first milestone but when I submitted the milestone for payment they didn't approve it and asked me to proceed with the next stage, so I requested them to activate the last milestone before proceeding. Then the client goes mia, no response to the illustrations I submit. The deadline was approaching so I submitted the milestone but the client didn't approve and release the payment. Then out of nowhere 5 days later, they contact me to include the formatting and typesetting because they needed the finished book by tomorrow for Christmas. I told them to create a new milestone for that. They didn't, so I proposed the milestone. They only accepted the milestone, didn't release the payment for the previous milestone, and didn't fund this one. 

The client had sent a lot of texts explaining that it was a sentimental gift and it had to be completed for Christmas, so under that, I went forward and did the extra work hoping they would make the due payment after Christmas. 

But there is no response at all. What do I do? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

There isn't anything more that you can do. If the client wants the work, they'll fund the milestone. If you don't hear from them, then don't do any work. I hope that you didn't submit the completed project already? 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

There isn't anything more that you can do. If the client wants the work, they'll fund the milestone. If you don't hear from them, then don't do any work. I hope that you didn't submit the completed project already? 

Unfortunately I did ended up submitting the work but the good news is I heard from the client today, after 12 days! They were racking for revisions. I I politely asked them to activate the millstone for me to be able to submit the edited file. Thankfully they activated the millstone after constant back and forth. I don't understand how can someone just ghost for 1w days only to comeback as if nothing happened and ask for additional revisions. >.< 

A lot of people take time off in December/early January and don't respond to messages, so it's not that unusual.

5ceef239
Community Member

You got ghosted.......you need to make it clear, no $$$ no work

The client just keeps on doing that. Doesn't approve the millstone and leaves it hanging 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths