🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unresponsive client and unpaid work
Page options
elle1408b
Community Member

Unresponsive client and unpaid work

Hey! I was working with a person and he suddenly disappeared. I made most of the work already and I haven't been paid. What should I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "We worked on a translating platform, so the work is there, it is not submitted here."

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Click the green "Submit Work" button. You will get paid automatically.

It DOES NOT MATTER if the client is unresponsive.

It DOES NOT MATTER if your work was done on a translating platform.

As long as you had a contract on Upwork, that is what matters.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
tropicany
Community Member

If the money is in escrow (as it should be), you will get paid 14 days after you submit the work using the corresponding button.

We worked on a translating platform, so the work is there, it is not submitted here.

re: "We worked on a translating platform, so the work is there, it is not submitted here."

Click the green "Submit Work" button. You will get paid automatically.

It DOES NOT MATTER if the client is unresponsive.

It DOES NOT MATTER if your work was done on a translating platform.

As long as you had a contract on Upwork, that is what matters.

Preston H wrote:

That might not be the ONLY reason.

Preston H wrote:

If you do not get **Edited for Community Guidelines**, it is because you do not know how to use Upwork 

properly.

Preston, I couldn't agree more, I don't know how to use Upwork to get "**Edited for Community Guidelines**" 🙂 

My apologies for the typo.

What typo?  I have no  **Edited for Community Guidelines**ing idea what you are talking about. Smiley Happy

moonraker
Community Member

Eleonora B wrote:

Hey! I was working with a person and he suddenly disappeared. I made most of the work already and I haven't been paid. What should I do?

If they have disappeared and there is no milestone then there is nothing you can do - other than learn from the experience and make sure you insist that clients set up milestones from now on. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths