Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive client / contract not closed

isabelmoscat
Isabel M Member Since: Feb 25, 2018
1 of 4

Hello!

I have a question and would like to know if anyone could help me. I got an offer from a client on May 31st, for a fixed rate job. I accepted and successfully completed the work, which I sent on the same day. As of today, the client hasn't responded to any of my messages and hasn't closed the contract. The milestone says "submitted" and the payment status says "payment requested". What should I do now? Am I going to get paid? Should I close the contract?

Thanks so much in advance! 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

@Isabel M wrote:

Hello!

I have a question and would like to know if anyone could help me. I got an offer from a client on May 31st, for a fixed rate job. I accepted and successfully completed the work, which I sent on the same day. As of today, the client hasn't responded to any of my messages and hasn't closed the contract. The milestone says "submitted" and the payment status says "payment requested". What should I do now? Am I going to get paid? Should I close the contract?

When did you use the "submit work and request payment" function?

Was the contract fully funded?

Did you click on the "submit work and request payment" function more than once?

Essentially, you get paid what was funded on the milestone automatically 14 days after the LAST time you clicked on "submit work and request payment" provided the client's payment method was verified.

isabelmoscat
Isabel M Member Since: Feb 25, 2018
3 of 4

Thanks for the quick response Petra!

I did click on the submit work three times, I wasn't aware of the 14 days after the last submission. Now I will have to wait 11 days!

Yes, the contract was fully funded and the client's payment method was verified. 

Then, once I receive the payment, should I close the contract? Is it going to affect my score?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 4

@Isabel M wrote:

Then, once I receive the payment, should I close the contract? Is it going to affect my score?

Don't rush it!

Leave it a little while, then, if the client remains unresponsive, close it.

A few contracts without feedback will not affect your JSS, unless you have a significant percentage of such contracts.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS