🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unresponsive client keeping contract open. Ho...
Page options
taramcg
Community Member

Unresponsive client keeping contract open. How do I end it??

Hi! I am a freelancer, hired by a client one month ago to provide a consultation. After trying to meet with him many times to provide the service, I still haven't heard back from him and the contract is still open (for a month now). What should I do? How can I cancel the contract since the client is unresponsive? I do not want it to affect my rating, but it's out of my control. It's like crickets. I feel like this contract will be open forever with zero activity. Help!

4 REPLIES 4
a_lipsey
Community Member

Tara L wrote:

Hi! I am a freelancer, hired by a client one month ago to provide a consultation. After trying to meet with him many times to provide the service, I still haven't heard back from him and the contract is still open (for a month now). What should I do? How can I cancel the contract since the client is unresponsive? I do not want it to affect my rating, but it's out of my control. It's like crickets. I feel like this contract will be open forever with zero activity. Help!

You can close the contract yourself and if he's unresponsive so far he likely won't leave any feedback, so it should not impact your JSS at all. 

taramcg
Community Member

Thank you! Dumb question but do I do that just by clicking "end contract"? Thanks!

a_lipsey
Community Member

Yup!

wlyonsatl
Community Member

I suggest you write this absent client a short note saying you're closing the account only due to inactivity but you'd be happy to re-open it at his discretion at some time in the future (if that's true).

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths