🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unresponsive client who's delaying the delive...
Page options
oguzkuscu
Community Member

Unresponsive client who's delaying the delivery of project

Hi everyone! 

So I have this client that I agreed to work together with 2 weeks ago. I proposed him a contract which I said I'd finish under one week's time. 

After making the contract, the client asked me if I can do transcription work (the project is a video-editing project and what he asked wasn't in the job description), and I told him that it's not something I'm capable of since I'm  a video-editor, but told him I'd try my best to do whatever I can, and he told me he'd help me with editorial adjustments in the end.

I sent the client 3 different versions in the following 2 weeks, and I've waited him to do the adjustments in both 3 version, but he refused to do the editorial adjustments (which is like, he has to check like 5-6 sentences in the video), and even refused to reply my messages, even though I've been constantly asking him if he's available (And he's been available all these period from time to time, both online and away on Upwork Messages).  It took him like 6 days to answer one time, and it's been 4 days since his last reply, and he refuses to send me any replies.

Do you have any suggestions on what I should do? I really want to end the contract and get my payment. What I think as a solution is, just removing the transcriptions from video and submitting the video like as we first agreed to work on as in our contract. Do you think this is also the best solution, since this is what we agreed upon at the first place?

Thank you for your interest in reading.

Oguz

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Oguz K wrote:

What I think as a solution is, just removing the transcriptions from video and submitting the video like as we first agreed to work on as in our contract.

The transcription would obviously have to be a separate milestone with additional payment. Did you specifically agree to do this for the same money?

Oguz K wrote:

even refused to reply my messages, even though I've been constantly asking him if he's available

If you agreed to include the transcription for the same payment, you can't really submit because the work isn't complete. 

You also want to stop badgering the client. That doesn't lead to anything other than an irritated client.

If the client still hasn't been in touch in a few days, submit the work and see if that gets the client's attention.

Hi Petra,

First of all, thank you for your reply.

Yes, I agreed to work with it without any additional charges, since it was a subtitle request. Client also sent me a text which was close to the audo script, so since there were minor changes to be made I accepted it -though it was kind of challenging on my part in following time-

Well, you can see one of the key elements of working online is maintaining healthy communication. So I'd really expect my client to answer my questions in order for me to achieve good results, and he's been denying to do so. I do not think I'm badgering the client, I'm rather trying to communicate with him, and I think I'm the one who's irritated in the end since he's just ignoring my simple communication requests.

I will do as you advice, and submit the work trying to get his attention. 

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths