🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unresponsive client
Page options
babli88
Community Member

Unresponsive client

Hello,

Looking for some advice here. I am working on a project where I was asked by the client to upload the transcripts to their Dropbox folder. Although I have noticed that I can't upload the files until they grant me the access to their shared folder. I have already messaged the client to let them know that I have completed the work and have also uploaded the file here in Upwork messenger but the client has not responded back and the agreed turnaround time has already passed.  I am not worried about the payment as the escrow is already funded but I don't want to be seen as someone who has not completed their work. I don't have any other client's contact information apart from Upwork messenger. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks.   

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

If you messaged the client, then all you can do is wait for a response. The deadline doesn't matter as far as Upwork is concerned; if your client isn't in a rush to get back to you, then that's up to them. If you submitted your work then the escrow will automatically be released after 14 days, regardless of whether the client gets back to you or not.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You send the work and you click submit for payment. 

The client doesn't have to respond. 

babli88
Community Member

The client wants me to submit the work to their Dropbox account which is what I am unable to do. 

Thanks

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

If you messaged the client, then all you can do is wait for a response. The deadline doesn't matter as far as Upwork is concerned; if your client isn't in a rush to get back to you, then that's up to them. If you submitted your work then the escrow will automatically be released after 14 days, regardless of whether the client gets back to you or not.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members