cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unresponsive client

Highlighted
Nana A Member Since: Mar 5, 2018
1 of 5

Hello! I was working with client since September with hourly payment and worked 30 hours in total.  And it is my second contract with the same client, I worked  54 hours during our previous contract and got  excellent review from him. At the beginning of December, the client told me to stop th work because of the problems with budget.  I wrote him twice asking to close the contract, but absolutely no response.  Should I close the contract by myself or continue to wait ?  If I'll close the contract by myself will it affect negatively on my JSS? Thanks in advance for reply.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 5

Nana:

You have completed 19 jobs, and it looks like you have received feedback for nearly all of them.

I would recommend that you close the dormant contract yourself. It should not have a negative impact on your Job Success Score.

Highlighted
3 of 5

Thank you very much for advice! 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
BEST ANSWER
4 of 5

The client may resolve his budget challenges and ask you to do more work. That might happen soon or it might be a while. Or the client might determine his budget constraints will be in force indefinitely, in which case he may or may not think to close the contract. If he closes it, he'll be prompted to leave feedback right then. If you close it, he'll get a message to come to UW and leave feedback, and he may or may not do it.

Letting the contract sit idle for a while will not harm your JSS (and it could make life easier for the client if he comes up with more money and wants you to continue work). In your shoes, I would not be in a rush to close it. I would let it sit for a month or two and see what happens.

View solution in original post

5 of 5

Thank you very much for the advice! 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS