🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unresponsive client
Page options
rafsun_ug
Community Member

Unresponsive client

Hello Upwork experts,

Take my best regards. I was contracted for a job on food video on16th January. Before accepting his offer, I had asked him to provide me the sources (raw videos or images). He told me to accept the job and he needed to run for a meeting and he would came back to me with the sources within a short! I accepted the job then! But after that, I havn't seen him here. I messaged him 5 times to provide me the sources.  It is an hourly based job but I haven't work for a single second. The client has already 12 jobs in progress! What should I do here? Thanks in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rafsun S wrote:

What I should do here as I have already worked for her and earned money but now not getting any response from her! And if I end the contract now and if the client would not give me any feedback, will it effect on my JSS?

No, not if money was earned under that contract previously. Also, if the contract is suspended, the client's account is suspended so should not count anyway, but the main thing is that money was paid under that contract, so you can close the contract and forget about it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Rafsun S wrote:

Hello Upwork experts,

Take my best regards. I was contracted for a job on food video on16th January. Before accepting his offer, I had asked him to provide me the sources (raw videos or images). He told me to accept the job and he needed to run for a meeting and he would came back to me with the sources within a short! I accepted the job then! But after that, I havn't seen him here. I messaged him 5 times to provide me the sources.  It is an hourly based job but I haven't work for a single second. The client has already 12 jobs in progress! What should I do here? Thanks in advance!

In future, do NOT accept a contract without having what you need to get started, because if the client never appears again, you have 3 choices:

1) Log time while you write to the client one last time. (This avoids a nothing paid and no feedback contract which will hurt your JSS.

2) Close the contract and take a JSS hit if the client doesn't leave good feedback

3) Leave it open, but it will still hurt your JSS if nothing was ever paid after 2-3 months.

Hi Petra, 

Thanks for sharing! I really appreciate that. I have another job in progress. I have succesfully completed two milestones of that client and after that not getting her response since almost 2 months. It was a pleasure when we worked together from both sides! And the most important thing is, the contract has suspended also and it also almost a month passed of suspension!  I requested and messaged her 3 or 4 times to end the contract if she didn't need me. I also asked her about the suspension. But not getting any response! What I should do here as I have already worked for her and earned money but now not getting any response from her! And if I end the contract now and if the client would not give me any feedback, will it effect on my JSS? And if this effects on my JSS, that will not be a justified solution from Upwork! Thanks in advance?

Rafsun S wrote:

What I should do here as I have already worked for her and earned money but now not getting any response from her! And if I end the contract now and if the client would not give me any feedback, will it effect on my JSS?

No, not if money was earned under that contract previously. Also, if the contract is suspended, the client's account is suspended so should not count anyway, but the main thing is that money was paid under that contract, so you can close the contract and forget about it.

That helps! Thanks so much! 

I was contacted by some clients for job and then they disappeared. No text back.i wait for them .and then I get email that my account goes to private because I m not earning.is nothing unfair to freelancers whose time is consumed by clients and 30 days go by.this policy is biased towards clients .please revise this policy.
Regards
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths