🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unresponsive client
Page options
316b24cc
Community Member

Unresponsive client

Hello. What should I do if the client approved the work and after I submitted a request for payment, he stopped responding?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Eduard K wrote:

Hello. What should I do if the client approved the work and after I submitted a request for payment, he stopped responding?

If you used the "submit work for payment" button on the contract, you get paid automatically 14 days later if the client doesn't reappear.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
tlbp
Community Member

Go find your next client.

petra_r
Community Member

Eduard K wrote:

If you used the "submit work for payment" button on the contract, you get paid automatically 14 days later if the client doesn't reappear.

316b24cc
Community Member

Oh, thanks. Will the contract also close automatically?
petra_r
Community Member

Eduard K wrote:
Oh, thanks. Will the contract also close automatically?

No.

Once you have been paid (NOT before) you can suggest to the client that they might want to close the contract. If the client stays unresponsive, you can close it yourself-

Hi, 
I have another question on this topic. 
If you end the contract yourself and the client never leaves a rating, does this influence my job success score? 
Thanks!

Michele G wrote:

Hi, 
I have another question on this topic. 
If you end the contract yourself and the client never leaves a rating, does this influence my job success score? 
Thanks!

Yes and no. If you have too many of those, it will be detrimental. If they are not excessive in number, no, but obviously it's one less great feedback contributing to a great JSS. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths