🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unresponsive client.
Page options
ahsanscryber
Community Member

Unresponsive client.

After giving projects the client went unresponsive and after 14days Upwork released the payment which was in escrow. Now I want the money of other milestones. They are inactive and I can't submit request for payment.

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahsan,

To ensure that you are payment protected on Upwork, we always recommend that you only submit work for the fixed-price contract through the contract page by clicking on the "Request for payment" button. By doing so, your client will have 14-days to review the work that you have submitted. If they don't come back within 14-days, the money in escrow will automatically be paid to your account. You can check this help article for more information. However, please note that you can't submit work for payment without an active milestone. You may want to reach out to your clients and discuss this further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Ahsan I wrote:

Now I want the money of other milestones. They are inactive and I can't submit request for payment.

You shouldn't have worked on unfunded milestones. Unless the client comes back and pays, you won't get paid.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members