🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unresponsive client
Page options
7e040a3b
Community Member

Unresponsive client

How do you deal with customers who don't respond? I recently received an offer and scheduled an interview with the client, but he cancelled the interview the same day and didn't respond. I wrote to him in order to reschedule the interview and haven't heard back yet. I then made a new appointment thinking that this time it might work out, but the client cancelled again at short notice without responding. So far I have no answer but the proposal is still active. Has this happened to you before? Is this a scam or just unprofessionalism?🤔

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bilal1983
Community Member

You'll hear many clients act this way on UW and it could be because of various reasons, unprofessionalism being one of them.

I would not completely write off the opportunity though, as things come up and who knows what issues the client had. I'd leave a polite message saying that you were looking forward to the interview and ask them to reach out when they can if they are still interested in going forward, and then move on with your job search.

If they don't get back, no harm no foul. If they do, even say after a month, and at that time you have the availabiity, it could turn out to be a good opportunity after all. If you don't have availability you can still let them know that since we weren't able to proceed earlier you had moved ahead with other offers, and do the interview with them and take it from there.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
f_jahan_eva
Community Member

Your problem sounds like the client has other intentions than to hire for any job.

I agree, it's kind of disappointing. 😕 They probably just wanna take peoples connects.😑 

Why would a client want to deplete your connects while not receiving any value? 

elisa_b
Community Member

"Take" our connects, what do you mean?

Anyway, do not try to contact the client anymore. Had they wanted to use your services, they would have behaved differently.

bilal1983
Community Member

You'll hear many clients act this way on UW and it could be because of various reasons, unprofessionalism being one of them.

I would not completely write off the opportunity though, as things come up and who knows what issues the client had. I'd leave a polite message saying that you were looking forward to the interview and ask them to reach out when they can if they are still interested in going forward, and then move on with your job search.

If they don't get back, no harm no foul. If they do, even say after a month, and at that time you have the availabiity, it could turn out to be a good opportunity after all. If you don't have availability you can still let them know that since we weren't able to proceed earlier you had moved ahead with other offers, and do the interview with them and take it from there.

Thanks for your advice Bilal! I'm still relatively new here and wanted to hear what others would do. I appreciate it!

spectralua
Community Member

Each ~10th client like this one. Forgot it and move forward, don't wait.

As Bilal said, it no harm no foul. Dont worry about, it happening.

Thanks Mykola!

tlsanders
Community Member

Did you receive an offer, or an invitation to interview? If you don't have a contract, this isn't a client. It was a prospect who, it sounds like, decided not to move forward. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members