cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive client

chemalonzo
Citabell M Member Since: Jun 18, 2017
1 of 5

I was hired for a job and delivered the project on time, our contract was ended but after couple of days he told me to fix again the project and we agreed that he will pay for me for that additional job thru paypal or thru upwork, but after I submitted the work the client didn't respond to me. Then, weeks passed and my client had still not responding to the edits I have made even though I kept reminding him thru e-mail. What shall I do it's been almost a month already?

jmlaidlaw
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
2 of 5

@ Citabell --

If the client is "offering" to pay you through PayPal, that is very, very bad. At best, the offer is genuine, you will do business thrugh PayPal and be paid, and then you will be kicked off of Upwork for violating Terms of Service (ToS).

More likely, the client has no intention whatsoever of paying you, and the "offer" is a ruse. You have done work for free, and you should immediately report the client to Upwork for asking to do business outside the platform (ToS violation).

Never, ever, ever do any work until and unless you have a contract in place, with specific deliverables established, and a verified funding source--either an hourly contract or a fully-funded milestone.

Sorry.

purplepony
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
3 of 5

Citabell, it appears that you do not have much Upwork experience.  If this is the case, you definitely need to read Moderator Vladimir's post "Getting Started on Upwork" at the very beginning of "New to Upwork" section.  Here's the link:  https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#M2460  

In addition, I totally agree with what Janean has shared with you.  What is so sad, Citabell, is that this could have been prevented if you would have done your due diligence.  Perhaps there is a positive in that oftentimes when people learn things the hard way they don't repeat the same mistakes.  

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 5

CItabell, I hope you do not get suspended by Upwork for what you did. I am going to ask, personally, for Upwork to not suspend you. But many freelancers have been suspended for violating Upwork TOS in less serious ways. Upwork REALLY does not want freelancers discussing payment through non-Upwork means.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 5

It is important that you no longer try to contact that client.

It is important that you no longer desire to be paid for that extra work.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS