cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive client

frozenization
Siriwat Y Member Since: May 3, 2018
1 of 2

I got an offer to work on a job  and I already accepted it to work on it within 24 hours. However, there are not enough information (i.e. files) so I cannot start working, but the client has been unresponsive since. Now that the deadline is approaching, what should I do?

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 2

@Siriwat Y wrote:

I got an offer to work on a job  and I already accepted it to work on it within 24 hours. However, there are not enough information (i.e. files) so I cannot start working, but the client has been unresponsive since. Now that the deadline is approaching, what should I do?

ETA: If the contract is in place, and the client comes back to you, you may have to renegotiate the delivery date. If it is a fixed-rate job and the money remains in escrow without any work being done, eventually Upwork informs the freelancer and asks the freelancer to return the money to the client. This is the weak point for our JSS, as the client can still leave feedback, even if he or she has gone MIA. 

If there was no formal Upwork contract, move on. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS