cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive client

Ace Contributor
Pety Ialimijoro R Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
11 of 15

thank you Petra, it's my first project with this client and no money was paid until now. But I guess you mean that I should submit work for payment on my jobs menu?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 15

@Pety Ialimijoro R wrote:

thank you Petra, it's my first project with this client and no money was paid until now. But I guess you mean that I should submit work for payment on my jobs menu?

If it was an hourly contract, you logged your time.

If it was a fixed rate contract, when the work is done you submit it using the "Submit work and request payment" function.

How else would you submit work?

Ace Contributor
Pety Ialimijoro R Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
13 of 15

Okay thanks, usually my clients approve the milestone after they review the work

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
14 of 15

@Pety Ialimijoro R wrote:

Okay thanks, usually my clients approve the milestone after they review the work

Usually clients aprove the milestone/release funds within a day after you submit work, but. for hourly jobs, the client has something like a week to review the work (approve the tracker screen shots) and for fixed rate jobs, a client has 14 days to look over the work and release funds.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
15 of 15

@Kathy T wrote:

, but. for hourly jobs, the client has something like a week to review the work (approve the tracker screen shots)

Clients do not approve hourly contracts. There is no such function.

Clients have the option to dispute, but no option to approve. Lack of dispute is approval I guess Smiley Wink

I always submit fixed rate work when I'm done. I know some people send the work ahead of pressing the "submit work / request payment" button but for me that makes no sense.

Any project that might require much to-and-from I'd only accept on an hourly basis.

Fixed price is for stuff with clearly defined deliverables and when I deliver a clearly defined deliverable it's submitted through the form.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS