cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive client!

zaman_alahi
Fakruzzaman A Member Since: Apr 5, 2016
1 of 14

Well it seems to me the new Paid connect system will bring some changes definitely! But there is problem like sometimes client became unresponsive!! I have seen many cases that the client open a job and get lot proposal, then they get vanished! They don't even reply in months or even in years! So my question is, now it is paid system. every single proposal will cost me money! Is there any gurantee that my connect will not be a waste??? And how you guys going to handle these unreponsive client???

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 14

re: "...there is problem like sometimes client became unresponsive!"

Clients are not obligated to respond to freelancers.

re: "I have seen many cases that the client open a job and get lot proposal, then they get vanished!"

If a client posts a job proposal and then "vanishes," then I'm sorry if that frustrates you. But they are allowed to do that. Clients are not required to hire somebody if they post a job posting.

Keep in mind that if this happens to you, then what you are referring to is NOT YOUR CLIENT. It is a "prospective client."

re: "So my question is, now it is paid system. every single proposal will cost me money?"

That is correct.

re: "Is there any gurantee that my connect will not be a waste?"

No. There is no guarantee.

re: "And how you guys going to handle these unresponsive clients?"

Upwork customer service representatives will flog unresponsive clients with leather straps.

No, not really.

Fakruzzaman: What do you WANT Upwork to do with clients who post jobs and then end up not hiring somebody?

zaman_alahi
3 of 14

In my opinion if the client doesn't respond within 15-30 days the job should be closed and the worker should get back his/her connects back!! 

rafaelart
Rafael M Member Since: Sep 11, 2015
4 of 14

Preston H , your sarcasm is out of place here.  is clear what Fakruzzaman meant. "Potential customer" opened the project. Freelancers spent on this project connection, that is their money. If the “Potential Client” does not select anyone and closes the project, then all connections should be returned to the freelancers. But often the "Potential Client" simply forgets about the project and disappears, and the project is, as it were, in an active state. Connections disappear too. There were many offers from freelancers that Upwork set a time limit for inactive projects and these projects were closed automatically after a certain time. But Upwork did not do this, because it is profitable for them. This is a serious question . This applies to our money.

florydev
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
5 of 14

Rafael M wrote:

Preston H , your sarcasm is out of place here.  is clear what Fakruzzaman meant. "Potential customer" opened the project. Freelancers spent on this project connection, that is their money. If the “Potential Client” does not select anyone and closes the project, then all connections should be returned to the freelancers. But often the "Potential Client" simply forgets about the project and disappears, and the project is, as it were, in an active state. Connections disappear too. There were many offers from freelancers that Upwork set a time limit for inactive projects and these projects were closed automatically after a certain time. But Upwork did not do this, because it is profitable for them. This is a serious question . This applies to our money.

I am sorry, who elected you the decider of what is allowed or not?  He can be sarcastic if he wants to just like you can pretend that you are the arbitrer of what is correct.

zaman_alahi
6 of 14

Preston please don't make fun of it! it's a serious issue, I don't know you can feel it or not. 

ronlorraine
Ace Contributor
Ron M Member Since: Oct 25, 2016
7 of 14

re: "And how you guys going to handle these unresponsive clients?"

Upwork customer service representatives will flog unresponsive clients with leather straps.

No, not really.

Preston I like that one. When do they get started? LOL!

aajijn
Md. Azizul H Member Since: Sep 5, 2018
8 of 14

I thought like you. Really its a big problem for a worker. I think upwork make a rule for the client. When they do not respond within 15 to30 days then the client gives money. 

aajijn
Md. Azizul H Member Since: Sep 5, 2018
9 of 14

I thought like you. Really its a big problem for a worker. I think upwork make a rule for the client. When they do not respond within 15 to30 days then the client must gives money. 

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
10 of 14

Hi Fakruzzaman, 

Thanks for reaching out. We know this is an issue and we are actively looking at ways to solve it. We already look for and remove job posts that violate our Terms of Service. But we understand, for example, that when a client forgets to close a job post and doesn’t hire it is frustrating for freelancers. Once we find a solution, we’ll be sure to announce it. Note: If you see a job that is suspicious or inappropriate, please click "Flag as inappropriate" in the job post so we can review it. Thank you!

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS