🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unresponsive client
Page options
b66aaf3d
Community Member

Unresponsive client

Good morning. I want to make a report about a client that has refused to activate the next milestone(s) and has stopped responding.

The gag is that it's my first job paid in milestones, so I was not well-informed about the workings. There were three milestones: for START, for HALF OF THE BOOK, and for THE COMPLETED BOOK.

However, he only funded for start, which I only noticed when I had submitted the full work and get stopped responding. So, all my previous submissions were allotted to the FIRST milestone, and he was responsive the whole time until I submitted the whole book.

It was after some research that I realised that he hadn't even funded for the last two milestones. And he didn't approve for the first milestone to be paid, it was the 14-day automatic deposit that paid me.

It has been well over a month since my submission and he has simply ignored my messages, even when he comes online. I realize that my ignorance played a huge role in this, but can anything be done?

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Victoria O wrote:
Good morning. I want to make a report about a client that has refused to activate the next milestone(s) and has stopped responding.

Clients can't be reported for not activating milestones, nor are they required to respond to freelancers.

Victoria O wrote:
... can anything be done?

Other than the fact that the client only owns the rights to the part of the books that they paid for, nothing can be done.

youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Victoria, I am sorry to hear that you went through this bad experience. All you can do now is to learn from this mistake; Never start working on anything unless you make sure that the client has already funded the part that you'll be working on.

Wish you the best of luck.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members