🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unresponsive clients and rating
Page options
grilady
Community Member

Unresponsive clients and rating

How does an unresponsive client affect your rating? I've had it a few times, where a client started a contract, which I accepted, and then either I was told to wait for further instructions and they never came or I did some work (of which some I was paid for and some I wasn't) and then I never heard back. I usually close contracts after weeks of waiting and trying to communicate, but am wondering how this affects my rating.

2 REPLIES 2
bookkeepers10
Community Member

Hi Mary,

I have read many times that accepting contracts and closing them (without getting any feedback and earnings) would negatively impact your rate. I am a freelancer on upwork and faced this issue one time and when i went through the topics raised by others read that.

All the best 🙂

petra_r
Community Member

Mary S wrote:

How does an unresponsive client affect your rating? I've had it a few times, where a client started a contract, which I accepted, and then either I was told to wait for further instructions and they never came or I did some work (of which some I was paid for and some I wasn't) and then I never heard back. I usually close contracts after weeks of waiting and trying to communicate, but am wondering how this affects my rating.

If you were paid more than $ 1.00, then such contracts do not affect your JSS.

If you were never paid anything at all, then they do.

Never accept a contract until you have what you need to get started and either log time or finish and submit the first milestone.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members