cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive clients should punish clients profile not freelancers VOTE

Leonardo D Member Since: Jan 5, 2018
1 of 12
Hello community. I am a top rated freelancer, who recently had some issues with unresponsive clients who dont reply to messages and dont leave feedback.

I've attempted to reach them with upwork and they couldn't as well.

The problem here is that if you end contracts with no feedback it slowly starts punishing your profile. I've gone from 99 to 96 job success.

I am starting this thread to have the freelance community vote for a new way of dealing with this. IT SHOULD PUNISH CLIENTS, NOT FREELANCER PROFILES IF A CLIENT DOESNT REPLY OR LEAVE FEEDBACK.

Please share your stories and support the initiative.
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 12

@Leonardo D wrote:
 IT SHOULD PUNISH CLIENTS, 

Lol.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
3 of 12
Excuse me, but, what's so funny?

I'm implying unresponsive clients get their reputation affected and not the other way around.

What is the joke?
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 12

@leonardodevita wrote:
Excuse me, but, what's so funny?

I'm implying unresponsive clients get their reputation affected and not the other way around.

What is the joke?

The joke is that we are most certainly not going to punish the people we make our money from. If this is happening for you many times over, perhaps choose your clients more carefully. I can't think of one client I've had that I want to "punish" ... bad communication or not.

5 of 12
I disagree. I think we need clear rules. I understand clients pay, but, not at any cost and having freelancers be affected.

With clear rules we shouldn't affect clients and also show upwork they are even more professional.
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
6 of 12

@Leonardo D wrote:
I disagree. I think we need clear rules. I understand clients pay, but, not at any cost and having freelancers be affected.

With clear rules we shouldn't affect clients and also show upwork they are even more professional.

We do have clear rules. If you do a good job of selecting and managing clients, then you will only be ghosted occasionally (if at all) and it won't affect you unduly. If you do not succeed at client management (including vetting them to start with), then you will have difficulty.

If you are looking for rules that will somehow protect you from difficulty, good luck.

Community Guru
Sergio S Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
7 of 12

It's said that clients with a history  of leaving "no feedback given" to freelancers are not taken into consideration to calculate your JSS. Though I am not sure if that's true. Maybe your JSS dropped because of some other reason?

I suggest you check clients history before sending proposals. As for new clients who don't have a history the way to avoid this problem is explaining the steps. Sometimes they just don't know them.

8 of 12
The problem is that they dont reply so there is no way of reaching them.
Ace Contributor
Muhammad R Member Since: Nov 17, 2018
9 of 12

I am 100% agree with you. This the reason my JSS is 77%. I only had one negative rating and some unresponsive clients. 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
10 of 12

re: "I've gone from 99 to 96 job success."

96 is an excellent Job Success Score.

You are proposing a solution (or proposing a radical change) where there is no actual problem.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS