Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive clients

Highlighted
Community Leader
Dusko A Member Since: May 12, 2017
1 of 6

Greetings, 

It's been a while now how one, two or three contracts are completely offline to me. Be that being "suspended" or the clients just not that much responsive. 

For example i have two contracts which are currently suspended. One of them, i was informed it was going to be postponed. The other one, was suspended out of blue sky. 

I was contacted by my client and was asked to do little job for them, some correction. But i couldn't log in the time so i asked "why its suspended? is it because something i did bad or?" - they replied to me that that's not the case and they will sort it out - like it was from them. However months & months passed but that issue was not corrected. Meanwhile i did for them their little correction which i planned on putting it as manual worked hours, like i have agreed with my client. But that never happened. The contract is still suspended. I have their phone and tried to contact them via What's Up, i see they got my two sincere & detailed messages but did not replied. And they were replying always. We have each other on instagram as well, and i see them posting stuff but not replying to me. 

Now i gave up on it, but they haven't stopped the contract and it stands as suspended. I don't want to terminate it because they also said they want to give me great review because they were very very satisfied with the work i did for them so i feel like i would let them down in a way if i terminate the contract out of nowhere. 

Also what i do know is that contracts that stay like that, now i dont know about suspended ones but i know for those that are active, that if there is no work for longer time they will lower my JSS and i dont want that to happen, i am again Top Rated member and i have every intention on keeping it! 

I have another one that is active, but not really active in terms of work, as we did one little thing in the beggining and now he is also offline for some 2 months or so and the contract stays. 

Can someone please tell me how to proceed with these things without damaging my rate? 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

If the contracts are suspended rather than paused Upwork suspended the clients and those contracts have no effect on anything...

Just close the contracts.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Leader
3 of 6

It says the following "Upwork is investigating an issue. Please do not resume work with this client until the contract is active again." 

And when i go on ">All Contracts" it says: "Contract placed on hold Learn more"

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 6

@Dusko A wrote:

It says the following "Upwork is investigating an issue. Please do not resume work with this client until the contract is active again." 

And when i go on ">All Contracts" it says: "Contract placed on hold Learn more"

Client(s) is / are suspended. Just close the contract(s) - maybe one at a time.

Highlighted
Community Leader
5 of 6

The client i tried to get on Whats Up, now i wrote on UpWork and they seem to have , once again got the message but again no reply. Just action. The client closed the contract without leaving one single word. 

I cannot understand people like this. I am always trying to be first of all as civilized as i can be and of help to people before anything else, then to be professional and then there are clients like these who would leave no single word, be it for work or anything else in life, just like that ...pufff! 

What happened? Why? Give me some reason...explain it in a word or two. I am not asking for a essay. Say this and that. "Sorry i am busy cannot write" is enough. 

Now they might put me bad rating and i will lose my score of 100%...because of what and whom? Certainly not because of me or my skills. Because i know, i delivered and i overdelivered at times...and yet...things like these happen. 

There were times they were praying in me, me working for them in the middle of the night out of nowhere, without  a single word, but i did it no matter what. Wanted to help. 

And then there was this time while the contract suspended, i still done works for them in cost of some 100$ with the thought that they would take it off that suspension UpWork has put on them... 

I get it, its strongly adivised not to do so, but i wanted to be human first of all - to say .. so to help them because they needed, and i would have billed it later. Not a problem. But it seems not all people are thinking the way i am. 

Anyway...what now if they give me bad rating???? How i am anyhow guilty of that? How that can be representative of my qualities? 

IF they have indeed put me something bad, as TopRated member i think i can remove it yes? 

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
6 of 6

Hi Dusko, 

I'm sorry to hear your experience working with this client. Yes, you can request for a bad feedback to be removed as a top rated freelancer. You can check this help article for more information. 

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS