Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive/irresponsible Client

moonraker
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
11 of 14

Why do we keep on getting these random bumps? This is from almost 4 years ago. 

gilbert-phyllis
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
12 of 14

Jamie F wrote:

Why do we keep on getting these random bumps? This is from almost 4 years ago. 

Because people unaccountably respond to them as if they are current, which brings them to the front page.

wlyonsatl
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
13 of 14

Just delete this thread from your My Subscriptions/My Subscriptions list and you’ll never see another message here, Jamie.

wlyonsatl
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
14 of 14

Hi, Beka.

You've gotten a lot of good advice here, but I am sorry to see that yet another freelancer feels they have to bow down to the tyranny of clients who know how important the Job Success Score is for freelancers.

If you do end the project yourself, keep in mind that Upwork has said that when it comes to calculating a freelancer's JSS every two weeks, "We exclude clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback so their scores won't count against you..." So this particular client's feedback may not matter. (Upwork should notify both the client and freelancers that the client's feedback is being excluded from JSS calculations, but that's not going to happen.) And this is why you should be honest in your eventual feedback for this client, so other freelancers know what they can expect from this client.

For all future projects, very clearly defining the work product you and the client expect you will deliver is VERY important to avoiding this sort of scope creep. Some clients really don't know what they need; others know but are not honest in their pre-contract negotiations with freelancers. If they have agreed to what you will deliver - in writing on the project message board and in the structure of their project's milestone structure - it's that much harder for them to demand free work after you have done what you said you'd do for them.

Good luck!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS