🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unseen Freelance Proposals
Page options
a872f390
Community Member

Unseen Freelance Proposals

Hello, 

I'm aware this is a recurring topic and question, but I'm genuinely seeking insights. I'm puzzled by the fact that most of my proposals don't seem to get viewed by clients. It's not just about rejection; it's as if they haven't even been seen.

As experienced freelancers, do any of you have any insights into why this might be happening?

Your thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aidangignac
Community Member

Hey Seyede,

The clients may have abandoned their job postings or you are applying to jobs without an excellent fit. Do you have portfolio items or past Upwork job feedback? These will definitely help.

To help maximize success with hearing back from a client, I would keep your proposals as tailored to the job posting as possible and talk about how your expertise suits the client's direct job needs. Keep your proposal less than 300 words and concise and to the point. Do not use a template proposal either and make sure to read the job posting in full. Doing all of these things will greatly improve your chances of hearing back from a client. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
aidangignac
Community Member

Hey Seyede,

The clients may have abandoned their job postings or you are applying to jobs without an excellent fit. Do you have portfolio items or past Upwork job feedback? These will definitely help.

To help maximize success with hearing back from a client, I would keep your proposals as tailored to the job posting as possible and talk about how your expertise suits the client's direct job needs. Keep your proposal less than 300 words and concise and to the point. Do not use a template proposal either and make sure to read the job posting in full. Doing all of these things will greatly improve your chances of hearing back from a client. 

01eb2cff
Community Member

Hey Seyee,
 Or you can use boost. Upwork turns it into a pay to win game. Previously, there would be a ranking based on experience. Now, whoever spends more connect points is ranked higher. And the customer doesn't have time to look at them all. What do they say, cash is king 🙂

989b55fa
Community Member

Hi Syeda

I have recetly joined Upwork and definitely looking for better strategies to apply for proposals. I applied around 7-8 projects by applying all the strategies I learned but faced same problem. Only 1 of my proposal was seen and I was confused as after rejection you can improve the you apply but what if we are not being seen at all. Secondly some clients dont hire at all, its not they are not looking at our proposal but their view list or interviewing remains 0 even if you check after a month. 

williamtcooper
Community Member

Seyede,

Only apply for jobs that are an exact match for your Upwork profile so you can be the Best Match which stands out in a client's proposal feed.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths