🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » UpWork Burn Out - No Feedback from Hiring Com...
Page options
4fa5ad81
Community Member

UpWork Burn Out - No Feedback from Hiring Companies

I've submitted several job proposals and haven't heard anything back. This has happened when I not only meet the budget requirements, but also have stipulated my job experience that directly relates to the project. I would appreciate feedback from hiring companies on why they did not choose to interview me. Was it a budget issue? Project experience concern? Time zone issue? Getting explicit, specific feedback on why we did not get selected for a project would help freelancers craft better proposals moving forward. If all we get is no response, it causes frustration and high burn out on UpWork.

4 REPLIES 4
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Maggie C wrote:

I've submitted several job proposals and haven't heard anything back. This has happened when I not only meet the budget requirements, but also have stipulated my job experience that directly relates to the project. I would appreciate feedback from hiring companies on why they did not choose to interview me. Was it a budget issue? Project experience concern? Time zone issue? Getting explicit, specific feedback on why we did not get selected for a project would help freelancers craft better proposals moving forward. If all we get is no response, it causes frustration and high burn out on UpWork.

Clients are here because they want help with their projects; it's not their responsibility to provide advice and assistance to the sometimes 50+ people who applied for their job. 

If you want some advice, there's plenty available on the Upwork website. You could start here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067578-Getting-Started?flash_digest=6f13536f7a5ba1a1...

Christine wrote:

Maggie C wrote:

. I would appreciate feedback from hiring companies on why they did not choose to interview me. Was it a budget issue? Project experience concern? Time zone issue? Getting explicit, specific feedback on why we did not get selected for a project would help freelancers craft better proposals.

Clients are here because they want help with their projects; it's not their responsibility to provide advice and assistance to the sometimes 50+ people who applied for their job. 

That...

Who has time to tell 50 (or even 20) people why they've chosen someone else?

Multiply that by several job posts...

a_lipsey
Community Member

Here is some feedback that might help, I hope. Your profile is pretty bare and generic. It could be anyone's profile. Your profile should make you stand out as unique and as a skilled professional consultant.  Yours told me nothing interesting about what you could do for my business. Try to edit it, and I think you could make yours longer, on why you're truly an expert at digital marketing and why you are different/better than the rest. If 50 people apply how does your profile/cover letter stand out from the rest? 

There's nothing inherently bad about your profile, it's just generic and doesn't really stand out to me. It's likely your proposals are the same way.  Hope this feedback helps. 

tlbp
Community Member

Do a search for other freelancers in your niche and see what their profiles look like. As a digital marketer offering communications skills, you have to demonstrate that you can market yourself first. Also, while being a team player is great, a lot of freelance work doesn't take place in a collaborative environment. We are often working solo with limited input from the client. Your profile reads more like someone who is looking for a FT job and needs to get along with the team. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths