🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » UpWork Job and hiring on UpWork
Page options
animationdog
Community Member

UpWork Job and hiring on UpWork

Hi,

I have been hired by a client on UpWork to create an animated ad. This is a contract job …Not hourly.  I was wondering - Can I hire a Voice artist through Upwork for a job that I am hired for on UpWork? Does that make sense? I’m not sure of the rules and can’t see a way to post a job from my account.

Thanks,

Jason

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "This is a contract job …Not hourly."

This is a "fixed-price contract."

It is not an "hourly contract."

re: "Can I hire a Voice artist through Upwork for a job that I am hired for on UpWork?"

Upwork's rules prohibit freelancers from "sub-contracting" as part of an hourly contract.

Upwork allows freelancers to sub-contract work as part of fixed-price contracts, if the client you are working for is notified and grants permission for you to do so.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "This is a contract job …Not hourly."

This is a "fixed-price contract."

It is not an "hourly contract."

re: "Can I hire a Voice artist through Upwork for a job that I am hired for on UpWork?"

Upwork's rules prohibit freelancers from "sub-contracting" as part of an hourly contract.

Upwork allows freelancers to sub-contract work as part of fixed-price contracts, if the client you are working for is notified and grants permission for you to do so.

Thanks Preston,

Do I have to set up a new account to post a job?

re: "Do I have to set up a new account to post a job?"

You will need to activate the "client" aspect of your current Upwork login account.

You will NOT have a new username/password. But when you log in, you can switch between the freelancer and client aspects.

This is also known as creating a "company." (Not that it is NOT the same as creating an "agency.")

Read this:

Be a Client and a Freelancer

Thanks again!

Yes, it is a fixed price contract.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members