🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » UpWork Jobs Proposals Submission System & Ord...
Page options
imyounas
Community Member

UpWork Jobs Proposals Submission System & Ordering ?

Hi,

I have started working again on UpWork from last month or so, after the break of a couple of years. The first thing which really upset me was that now I have to buy the connects, anyhow, I was thinking that it would also have a positive impact and now there will be fewer proposals on jobs... but to my surprise, it is still the same situation as it was a couple of years ago.

And the second thing, when I see there is a new job (less than 5 proposals) and while I am writing a proposal for it (within ~5 minutes) that job gets 15,20 proposals. How is t even possible? (unless others are copy-pasting proposals and still managing to get interviews).

Does UpWork show jobs to some users/region with some delay than to others?

Third and last thing, can someone please do me a favor, and review my profile, the jobs for which I am dead sure that I 100% match with the requirements and even I attach a reference of a similar project I have done in past, I still don't even get reply/interview invite from clients.

I feel that when I apply for jobs, somehow magically my proposal is either become invisible and clients can't see it (pun intended), or UpWork shows my proposal at the bottom of 1000+ proposals. Is there any policy from UpWork to sort/order proposals based on its internal algorithm ???

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Imran

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Imran,

I can assure you that all proposals are delivered to and can be viewed by clients. Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. When you apply for jobs, make sure your proposal is well written and that you're absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you're applying for. 

I would recommend that you check out these topics to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members