🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » UpWork account was created with my name wrong
Page options
8ea3c7b1
Community Member

UpWork account was created with my name wrong

I created my UpWork account connecting it directly with my Google account. Somehow it got my name wrong, even though it is correct on my Google account. I've been trying to contact support for help on this issue, but I see no option to do so. This is causing issues while trying to link my payment method.

How can I request my name to be fixed?

5 REPLIES 5
ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Diego, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can update your name by going to Settings> Contact Info> Click on the Pencil Icon to proceed with updating your name. Once your request has been submitted, It will be processed within 48 hours. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8ea3c7b1
Community Member

Hello Arjay,

Thanks for your reply. I've done just as you have instructed just after my account was created. I'll reach out if the issue persist after the 48hr mark. 

Best regards,

8ea3c7b1
Community Member

Hello again Arjay,

I've done as instructed. However, I no longer get the message that my name change request is under review, but my name is still wrong on my account. I've taken the liberty to DM you the specifics regarding my issue, as I need further assistance since it is preventing me from  linking my payment method. 

Please, when you have a moment, I'd appreciate if you could look into it. 

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Diego,

I can see that you've been communicating with the team handling your case and a support ticket has been set up. I suggest you communicate with the team through that ticket so that they can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8ea3c7b1
Community Member

My support ticket hasn't received a reply since wednesday. Please, can you check up on this?

All I need is my name to be corrected.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members