🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: UpWork and Revolut Integration
Page options
alexbconsulting
Community Member

UpWork and Revolut Integration

Revolut has become extremely popular in the last period. Recently, I created an Revolut account and I was disappointed when I noticed that UpWork does not support Revolut to cash out the money you earn on the platform.

I think it would be of great use to the whole community if you could integrate UpWork with Revolut.

I would suggest that you vote in this post if you agree or not with the integration of Upwork with Revolut.

Thank you in advance.

17 REPLIES 17
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Revolut is only available to EEA residents.

This might be the greatest reason why Upwork won't go through the hassle of integration just yet.

As a global freelance marketplace, it appears they have a preference for integration with services having more global reach, like Payoneer. Heck, they just ditched another Eurocentric service, Skrill, not too long ago.

PS: While I can relate to your excitement, keep in mind that there is nothing revolutionary about Revolut.

Revolut is NOT available ONLY for EEA. It does work for United States too without any limitations.

Nice catch.
I was only telling you what they told me when I tried opening account with them few minutes earlier.
See screenshot.

Revolut just launched in US. Will it influence Upwork's politics on Revolut?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback, Victor. We've shared this feedback with the team. However, currently, we don't have any new information regarding Revolut being supported as a payment method on Upwork.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I can't add Revolut Business account as a payment method. Do you know why?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zekeriya,

Unfortunately, Revolut is not currently supported as a payment method on Upwork.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

That's sad to hear especially due to Payoneer issues. I have Revolut premium account with a VISA card attached and you make things complicated.

f3b923ef
Community Member

This should be the highest priority for UpWork team. The amount of money we spend on exchanging fees is a huge incentive to make deals outside of the UpWork platform. Allow clients to top up their accounts with Revolut or TransferWise!

alexbconsulting
Community Member

To be honest, as Revolut is now available in both US & EU would be great to have it available as a UpWork Payment Solution.

There's a ton of advantages for the Freelances (Great exchange rates).

I was shocked to hear Revolut isn't supported after spending an hour trying to "Get Paid"

So what do I do now, how do I transfer money, do I need to open a local bank account?

It's been almost 2 years and nothing happened. Would be great to have this implementation since Revolut operates in both US, EU and ASIA.

Dear Upwork team, I believe it would be great for all people around the world if you integrate Revolut as a payment method. There are a lot of people around the world who travel a lot and use it as a bank. On behalf of thousands of people in UpWork, I kindly ask you to suggest the integration of Revolut as a way of payment. Thank you very much for everything! Stay safe!

Any update guys?

Revolut is one of the most popular paying methods in Europe. Please add it

zvonka
Community Member

I would like an update on this as well, since more and more freelancers here are using Revolut I think it is becoming a necessity to integrate.

Upwork?

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zvonka and others,

We can confirm Revolut is not currently supported on Upwork. We appreciate your feedback and we'll share it with our Product team. Thank you!

~ Vladimir
Upwork
lingua2021
Community Member

Hello!

Is there any update on the Revolut account integration issue? Is Revolut still not supported by Upwork? Can I add my Revolut card as a payment method in Upwork? Thank you! Mariana M.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths