🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » UpWork desktop App NOT showing on my MAC desk...
Page options
patriciasuarez
Community Member

UpWork desktop App NOT showing on my MAC desktop and Unable to track hours

Hello!

UpWork desktop App NOT showing on my MAC desktop and Unable to track hours, futhermore, when I click on the UpWork icon on the top navigation bar and to to Settings... It shows "Signed in as undefined undefined - sign out".... On top of that IF I try to click on the "sign out" the sign out" does not work. 

I need to track working hours this weekend. I already contacted with UpWork service and the person that tied to help me couldn't.. PLEASE HELP! Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Romeo Bryan,

Could you please try exiting the App, then delete the folder ~/Library/Application Support/Upwork  and then re-launch the App? It will ask you to log in again. Please, let us know if the issue persists after that.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Patricia,

I'm very sorry to hear about your troubles. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your support ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
anuj_danphe
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue too on Linux since today. I've tried clearing the cache, restarting and reinstalling the app to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Anuj,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Same issue with mine but not on Mac. I cannot sign out when clicking sign out button.

Please help me with this issue. Thanks.

jjj4.png

Hi Jabin,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. If you have any additional questions feel free to follow up on your support ticket and our team will be happy to assist you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi there,

I am experinecing the same issue with the time tracker app on my Macbook laptop. I have reinstalled the app and tried installing the beta version, but it does not help. Please fix this problem as soon as you can.

Regards,

Mirjalol

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mirjalol, 

I checked your account and can see that you were able to file support tickets for the issue. It appears that the issue has already been resolved. Let us know if you need further help so that our team can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, 

I'm experiencing the same issue! Please help! Thank you!

Hi Julie Anne,

I can see that you have already submitted a support ticket to our team. One of our team members will update your ticket and assist you further in fixing this as soon as possible. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
bf89711b
Community Member

I'm currently having the same issue now. Please tell me how to fix this ASAP. Thanks

Hi Romeo Bryan,

Could you please try exiting the App, then delete the folder ~/Library/Application Support/Upwork  and then re-launch the App? It will ask you to log in again. Please, let us know if the issue persists after that.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

This fixed my issue! Pin this to the top! I was looking everywhere on what to do

please where am i going to find ~/Library/Application Support/Upwork location 

Hi Olarewaju,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this here. Could you clarify if you're not able to open the Desktop app at all or if you're experiencing another problem? Please tell us more information about your concern and if you could also share more details about your operating system, that would be extremely helpful.

~ Arjay
Upwork

this does not work for me 

doratea
Community Member

Hi, 

I'm experiencing the same issue! Please help! Thank you!

Hi Dorotea,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yep i have been facing same issue since from last update and it gives difficult time to track the time for the clients.

Hi Muneeswaran,

Could you clarify if you're not able to open the Desktop app at all or you're experiencing another problem? Could you also share more details about your operating system as well? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ismail-iyad
Community Member

The desktop app is not working. I press on the icon but nothing occurs!

I have tried many things such as logging out, delete and redownload, and clearing cookies, but all of these didn't work!

Hi Iyad,

I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your support ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar, Thank you very much!

I'm also having this issue on Garuda Linux, I can open messages but the hour tracker is not showing at all. Also when I try to create a support ticket it keeps loading and becomes unresponsive.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carlos,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
carze
Community Member

Thanks Bojan, I'll look forward to it.

lastima_ryan
Community Member

Hello!

I have the same issue. Working in multiple Macs. Upwork seems fine in my Imac but have this issue on my Macbook Pro. Kindly assist as I cannot track hours when using my Macbook Pro. 
Thank you!

Hi Ryan,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi there!

Thank you so much for the quick response.

I have managed to temporarily solve the problem by installing an older version of the app.
Older version I used was around January 2021.

I think I am ok with this in the meantime. I just worry that the issue will recur once I update.
I hope you fix the glitch with the updated versions as there might be other issues that may arise if I continue using the older ones.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Ryan L.

I am facing the same issue, however I am unable to download the previous verison of the app.

Could you please share the link for the older version ?

Hi Mian Nouman,

Could you please try the troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.  If the issue persists, please report it following the ’’How do I report a problem?’’ section of the previously shared troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ekhan111
Community Member

Hi,

I need help, i am unable to apply on upwork jobs every time i click on Submit A Proposal it says "The link has expired" attached is a screenshot please look into this and resolve it, thanks in advance!

Hi Ehtasham,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths