🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » UpWork dispute center?
Page options
drshahidmahmood
Community Member

UpWork dispute center?

Did any freelancer get relief from upWork dispute center? Especially when there is a stubborn client?

You are in a low budget project i.e. < $300/- and go to dispute center for help as a freelancer. 

I don't think the dispute center is of any use?

Kindly share your good or bad experiences.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
kat303
Community Member

Shahid M wrote:

Did any freelancer get relief from upWork dispute center? Especially when there is a stubborn client?

You are in a low budget project i.e. < $300/- and go to dispute center for help as a freelancer. 

I don't think the dispute center is of any use?

Kindly share your good or bad experiences.

Thanks.

-------------------

Yes, both freelancers and clients get "relief" from opening a dispute. It all depends on what the problem is. Wondering why you state that you think the dispute center is of no use. It's of no use if you did a "crappy" job. Otherwise, if there were no dispute center freelancers would never get paid. 

I don't know if this was an hourly or fixed rate job, but IF the work was of high quality, delivered on time and no errors, then IMO you should get paid for it. I'm totally against freelancers who give deliver EXCELLENT work and give a refund just because a client said they don't like the work (especially if previously they said it's good.) 

If you start a dispute a mediator will basically tell you to try and would our a compromise with each other. It may sound like the mediator is telling you TO give a refund. The Upwork mediators can not make a BINDING decision or force you to give a refund. They can only make a suggestion. If you can't come to an agreement with the client the next step is arbitration. You and the client EACH must pay a fee of $291. You don't get that fee back even if it's determined you "win." You only get that fee back if the client doesn't pay that fee (or the client will get the fee back if you don't pay.)

If the client is a cheater and he/she doesn't accept any solution.

Definetely, to get $300/- or less nobody is going to pay $291/-.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths