Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UpWork improve your security level with two way security

smartbpo
Community Guru
Muhammad I Member Since: Dec 19, 2015
1 of 9

I think Upwork must upgrade its freelancer account security with two-way security verification. It will help to eliminate the risk of hacking which is very common here.

Regards,

Idrees

qqsolutions
Community Guru
Muhammad Saif U Member Since: Oct 18, 2015
2 of 9

Yes, Indeed it is time to increase security for our upwork accounts. Upwork can send SMS codes to enter while we try to login.

Or

Atleast, like Elance, ask for security question immediately after entering password for our profiles.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 9

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your feedback. You can set up a security question/answer for your account. Once you set it up, it will be requested each time you need to access your Settings or withdrawl your funds. 

Screenshot_10.png

~ Valeria
Upwork
qqsolutions
Community Guru
Muhammad Saif U Member Since: Oct 18, 2015
4 of 9

It only requires password while i am using same computer.. It asks for security question only when using some other computer.. right?

What if any employee of mine, working in my office, tries to hack my upwork? then what is security there?

2. On sign in to profile, it should appear to answer the question.. instead just for going to settings..

3. On withdrawal I never seen that upwork is asking for security question.

smartbpo
Community Guru
5 of 9

Valeria,

I didn't saw till now that when I go to settings Upwork ask me to provide security question answer ( yes it asks very first time when you are going to login on the new computer, once you logged in, it will never ask for security answer).

This is serious loophole in security.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 9
Time to ask security questions in the coffee section. Yes yes. What is your first pets name. Evil laugh.

In my funner years my troll buddies and I did that to aolers.
smartbpo
Community Guru
7 of 9

Well Jennifer, it's not funny it is a serious matter. There must be two-way verification just like Gmail and Hotmail etc. are exercising.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
8 of 9

Hi everyone, 

This was raised before as a suggestion to the team as something they can consider. I will share this with them so that they can revisit the idea. 

~ Avery
Upwork
smartbpo
Community Guru
9 of 9

Thank you Avery, Please forward it ASAP.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS